Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magazine UX Launcher [Test]

Tip us?

Justinchi
Old
(Last edited by Justinchi; 19th May 2014 at 05:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Default Magazine UX Launcher [Test]

Hey, so @nvan7891 made flashable zip for the Note Pro 12.2 Magazine UX Launcher + Widget here at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52699846

Anyone ON THE 4.4 TEST ROM daring enough to flash it and tell us what happens?

Update (5-16-14, 9:29am EST) Seems that @thachosenone has got it working on his Note 10.1 according to his last post on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52699846

I cannot confirm this until I return home, but wanted to give some more confidence to anyone daring enough to try this.

Cautions: I'm not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Also, you may have to clear the Launcher's data.

Thanks in advance.

Update: 5-19-2014 @thachosenone got this working on his 2014 Note 10.1

Guess we're out of luck for now. Maybe it'll work after we get official KK update.
“Take heed, and be on your guard against all covetousness,
for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

nvan7891
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I hope it works out. As long as everything is in the same spot it should be fine. Maybe have a backup launcher installed just in case , like Nova or something. I can put together a zip that reverses it if anyone has any issues. I would just need the 10.1 stock launcher APK's.

Sent from your mother's flip-phone using XDA Economy QQVGA app
Sent from your mom's flip-phone using XDA Economy qqVGA app
The Following User Says Thank You to nvan7891 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

electrikjesus
Old
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
Flashing it does nothing because the apps will not install on our device yet. I think it's a device Id issue

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
I've been at this for a while. But innovation never sleeps.

[Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1] [LG G2] [Evo4G] [LG Optimus S] [Nook Color] [Hero200] [Moto Droid] [Samsung Moment] [MyTouch 3G] [Rhod210] [XV6900] [iPaq 210]
The Following User Says Thank You to electrikjesus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nightf0x_007
Old
Thanks Meter 27
installed it but nothing happened so i removed seclauncher2 and kept magazinelauncher only gets touchwiz home stopped message also i did this too with seclauncher3 of note 10.1 2014 same result ..... needs some work to get it works
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000) (Gnabo rom 4.4.2) (philz cwm recovery)
HTC One (ViperOne sense 6 rom) (ElementalX kernel) (philz cwm recovery) (unlocked + s-off + supercid)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightf0x_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

filchi756
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightf0x_007 View Post
installed it but nothing happened so i removed seclauncher2 and kept magazinelauncher only gets touchwiz home stopped message also i did this too with seclauncher3 of note 10.1 2014 same result ..... needs some work to get it works
Same thing happen to me.
If I'ved helped you, please press thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to filchi756 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Justinchi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvan7891 View Post
I hope it works out. As long as everything is in the same spot it should be fine. Maybe have a backup launcher installed just in case , like Nova or something. I can put together a zip that reverses it if anyone has any issues. I would just need the 10.1 stock launcher APK's.

Sent from your mother's flip-phone using XDA Economy QQVGA app
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrikjesus View Post
Flashing it does nothing because the apps will not install on our device yet. I think it's a device Id issue

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightf0x_007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by filchi756 View Post
Same thing happen to me.
Ah, that sucks. I wonder how @thachosenone got it working. We'll have to wait for his reply
“Take heed, and be on your guard against all covetousness,
for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”
Tags
4.4, magazine ux, note pro 12.2