Post Reply

[Q] Tell if it was unlocked?

OP pruah

12th May 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I just purchased a used 701 and it is currently running stock rom, but I would like to know if it has been previous unlocked. Is there any way to tell?

Thanks in advance.
12th May 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #2  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,125
 
11,638 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruah

I just purchased a used 701 and it is currently running stock rom, but I would like to know if it has been previous unlocked. Is there any way to tell?

Thanks in advance.

When you boot it from powered off it says device unlocked in the top left corner of the first boot screen. Unlocking is a one way ticket on these devices. Once unlocked you CANNOT relock it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

When you boot it from powered off it says device unlocked in the top left corner of the first boot screen. Unlocking is a one way ticket on these devices. Once unlocked you CANNOT relock it.

THANK YOU... I bought it used and now it is having hardware issues. I didn't know if I could even try to send it in for warranty work, now I can try
13th May 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruah

THANK YOU... I bought it used and now it is having hardware issues. I didn't know if I could even try to send it in for warranty work, now I can try

I bought one unlocked on eBay.Right out of the box the touch screen was almost completely unresponsive. I opened a chat session on the Asus web site, told the rep what was wrong and specified that the tablet was unlocked. He asked me to reset it one more time, and when that didn't work he said that it was under warranty and gave me an RMA. Two days after they received it their web site said it was repaired and I had a FedEx tracking number, and now it's on the way back. So far it's been an excellent customer service experience. I can't speak for every circumstance but I'm impressed with them. (I don't work for them or have any affiliation of any kind.)
This was in the U.S. Based on my anecdotal experience I'd recommend being up front that it's unlocked (they know anyway) and be extra friendly and polite, both in the chat and on the form you fill out. I'll post back on Thursday when it comes back.
16th May 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
In case it's of interest to anyone in a similar situation, I got my tablet back yesterday in perfect working condition, still unlocked. When something is done well I like to encourage it by pointing it out. The service was fast and friendly and no issue was made of the tablet being unlocked. I had to decide whether to RMA it or return it to the eBay seller, and I really didn't want to make the seller deal with it since it was working when they sent it to me. (Good ratings - I trust them.) It worked out well for everyone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Transformer TF701 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank