Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] tethering problem

Tip us?

kamranhaghighi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Unhappy [Q] tethering problem

hi, i used to do it just fine but its few days

my pc doesn't have wi-fi so i connect to wi-fi with my phone and tether it to pc using usb

i ran speed test and it gives me 1.28mbps in pc and 2.7mbps in phone ! (sometimes 0.28mbps in pc !)

i play team fortress 2 on my pc fine, no lags, but sometimes ( so often) i get connection problem auto dc in 30 seconds which ends always EXACTLY at 20.0 ! sounds weird!
Sweet nexus 4, Rooted!
I dont keep a rom for more than a day ! I always try !

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
What service / carrier? Are you using the built-in USB tethering or another app? Are you rooted? Stock or custom rom?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

kamranhaghighi
Old
(Last edited by kamranhaghighi; 9th May 2014 at 04:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
What service / carrier? Are you using the built-in USB tethering or another app? Are you rooted? Stock or custom rom?
im using wifi, not 3G

im using built in ! if there's any better app i will download it

im rooted and stock 4.4.2

and i got nexus 4 as you can see on my pic + signature
Sweet nexus 4, Rooted!

kamranhaghighi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
also, the weird thing is it happens EXACTLY every 20 seconds for EXactly 10 seconds !
Sweet nexus 4, Rooted!

kamranhaghighi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
anyone ?
EDIT: sorry it have been only a day, it felt like 3 days ! i thought i posted the last thing 3 days ago !
Sweet nexus 4, Rooted!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
You might have to use another app that hides your activities such as PDANet or Clockwork Tether. Unfortunately though they do have free versions, they have limitations that might get annoying if you don't pay for the premium service. Another option would be a custom rom that has the tethering provisions removed already. Oh yea, if you are still on the stock rom, check for some kind of tetheringprovision.apk in /system/app. If there is anything like that in there, if you freeze it or rename it, that might help as well. Just hard to be more concrete with suggestions as carriers can have their own ways to trip up tethering usage vs others and it might just be a glitch, or they have something set up to make this a pain.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Try PdaNet+. There's a free version you can try to see if everything works. It times out after about 10 minutes and you have to reconnect. To connect via USB it requires a companion program to be installed on your PC. Try it a bunch of times and see if you can replicate the problem. If not, go ahead and pay $8 for the key to unlock the full version, which doesn't time out. If the problem persists, I'd have to guess that it's an issue with your carrier. Or it could be an issue with another app or mod that you're using that is causing an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamranhaghighi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks , it stoped! Didn't make any change!

Will check these of it came back!

Also it's around my exams and I don't have time check it thanks anyway
Sweet nexus 4, Rooted!