Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] tethering problem

OP kamranhaghighi

7th May 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mashhad:\
Thanks Meter: 15

646 posts
More
hi, i used to do it just fine but its few days

my pc doesn't have wi-fi so i connect to wi-fi with my phone and tether it to pc using usb

i ran speed test and it gives me 1.28mbps in pc and 2.7mbps in phone ! (sometimes 0.28mbps in pc !)

i play team fortress 2 on my pc fine, no lags, but sometimes ( so often) i get connection problem auto dc in 30 seconds which ends always EXACTLY at 20.0 ! sounds weird!
7th May 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
What service / carrier? Are you using the built-in USB tethering or another app? Are you rooted? Stock or custom rom?
8th May 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

646 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

What service / carrier? Are you using the built-in USB tethering or another app? Are you rooted? Stock or custom rom?

im using wifi, not 3G

im using built in ! if there's any better app i will download it

im rooted and stock 4.4.2

and i got nexus 4 as you can see on my pic + signature
Last edited by kamranhaghighi; 9th May 2014 at 05:21 PM.
8th May 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

646 posts
More
also, the weird thing is it happens EXACTLY every 20 seconds for EXactly 10 seconds !
9th May 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

646 posts
More
anyone ?
EDIT: sorry it have been only a day, it felt like 3 days ! i thought i posted the last thing 3 days ago !
9th May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
You might have to use another app that hides your activities such as PDANet or Clockwork Tether. Unfortunately though they do have free versions, they have limitations that might get annoying if you don't pay for the premium service. Another option would be a custom rom that has the tethering provisions removed already. Oh yea, if you are still on the stock rom, check for some kind of tetheringprovision.apk in /system/app. If there is anything like that in there, if you freeze it or rename it, that might help as well. Just hard to be more concrete with suggestions as carriers can have their own ways to trip up tethering usage vs others and it might just be a glitch, or they have something set up to make this a pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 310

1,091 posts
More
Try PdaNet+. There's a free version you can try to see if everything works. It times out after about 10 minutes and you have to reconnect. To connect via USB it requires a companion program to be installed on your PC. Try it a bunch of times and see if you can replicate the problem. If not, go ahead and pay $8 for the key to unlock the full version, which doesn't time out. If the problem persists, I'd have to guess that it's an issue with your carrier. Or it could be an issue with another app or mod that you're using that is causing an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

646 posts
More
Thanks , it stoped! Didn't make any change!

Will check these of it came back!

Also it's around my exams and I don't have time check it thanks anyway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread