Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What's the camera lens made of?

Tip us?

dpshptl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default What's the camera lens made of?

Does anyone know if the lens is gorilla glass 3 like the display? With the camera sticking out like it does I'm surprised they don't use sapphire crystal.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

fastfed
Old
Thanks Meter 58
sapphire crystal, lmfao They don't need that crap. Its been argued that its not much better than Gorilla glass anyway, in many ways.. But it is more expensive !

The lens in the back in made of glass, the same stuff your windshield is made of.

Not gorilla

justanotherasian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
sapphire crystal, lmfao They don't need that crap. Its been argued that its not much better than Gorilla glass anyway, in many ways.. But it is more expensive !

The lens in the back in made of glass, the same stuff your windshield is made of.

Not gorilla
Wouldn't it be funny though, imagine you getting it for you significant other. Honey, I bought you the galaxy made with sapphire. Oh, so sweeeet. JK, it's a phone.

Sophia Zhao
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpshptl View Post
Does anyone know if the lens is gorilla glass 3 like the display? With the camera sticking out like it does I'm surprised they don't use sapphire crystal.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
no, not gorilla. Get from the post that discuss the broken camera lens that the camera lens is made of normal glass and easy to be broken. It's never a secret that S5 camera design is a flaw. The camera lens even can self crack.

SuperTek
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Gorilla Glass would work fine, wouldn't it? I doubt Samsung would use Sapphire Crystal for the camera. If they did, it'd be noted a lot more.