Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Maintaining 4G connection issues?

Tip us?

jmchain
Old
(Last edited by jmchain; 15th May 2014 at 12:24 AM.) Reason: Problem Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Maintaining 4G connection issues?

I just got my m8, and it's completely stock, not even rooted yet. I'm having trouble maintaining a 4G connection. Even when I'm in an area with a strong signal, my phone eventually falls back to 3G and then won't upgrade to 4G until I enter and exit airplane mode again.

Is this common? any ideas on how to fix it before I just bring it back?

Thanks!

[Edit]
I went to the verizon store and got a new SIM card, and that's resolved the issue, I get a good solid 4G connection on a consistent basis. Maybe the old one wasn't maintaining connection? not sure but it's fixed now.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to jmchain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eikast
Old
Thanks Meter 54
That's weird. Maybe you have a defective phone. Go get it exchanged.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

DroidRootz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I just got my M8 too and my 4G seems to be about the same as my last phone
...maybe a little bit better

droidkevlar
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchain View Post
I just got my m8, and it's completely stock, not even rooted yet. I'm having trouble maintaining a 4G connection. Even when I'm in an area with a strong signal, my phone eventually falls back to 3G and then won't upgrade to 4G until I enter and exit airplane mode again.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidRootz View Post
I just got my M8 too and my 4G seems to be about the same as my last phone
...maybe a little bit better
Have seen this personally on 3 devices (all purchased from different locations). 2 employees and 1 myself. Its like it takes longer to get a 4G signal. I cant figure it out, but have learned to deal with it. It eventually gets a 4G lock, just not as soon as I would like. I have noticed that Insert Coin gets a 4G signal faster than the official vzw based ROMs though. Not sure if placebo though as my only ways of testing is watching the phone to see when it gets a 4G signal, when I know its in a strong 4G zone.
Current Device: LG G3 r00ted

InsertCoin M8 SVN Builds - Click Here
Mirror for InsertCoin M8 Builds - Click Here

jmchain
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I went and got a new sim card and surprisingly enough that seems to have solved the issue. Maybe there just wasn't a good connection with the old one? Not sure, but problem solved.

Thanks!

DigiDave
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchain View Post

Thanks!

[Edit]
I went to the verizon store and got a new SIM card, and that's resolved the issue, I get a good solid 4G connection on a consistent basis. Maybe the old one wasn't maintaining connection? not sure but it's fixed now.

Thanks!
I had similar issues when I got mine. I switched from my S4 to the M8 and had to get a new Nano SIM card to fit the M8. It had issues with connecting to any data connection but I was able to fix it by taking out the SIM and then pushing it back in but not too firmly. I suppose it was the positioning of the SIM with the tray.
Tags
4g connectivity, connectivity problem, htc one (m8)