Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[Q] Maintaining 4G connection issues?

OP jmchain

13th May 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I just got my m8, and it's completely stock, not even rooted yet. I'm having trouble maintaining a 4G connection. Even when I'm in an area with a strong signal, my phone eventually falls back to 3G and then won't upgrade to 4G until I enter and exit airplane mode again.

Is this common? any ideas on how to fix it before I just bring it back?

Thanks!

[Edit]
I went to the verizon store and got a new SIM card, and that's resolved the issue, I get a good solid 4G connection on a consistent basis. Maybe the old one wasn't maintaining connection? not sure but it's fixed now.

Thanks!
Last edited by jmchain; 15th May 2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
The Following User Says Thank You to jmchain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

250 posts
That's weird. Maybe you have a defective phone. Go get it exchanged.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

52 posts
More
I just got my M8 too and my 4G seems to be about the same as my last phone
...maybe a little bit better
13th May 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 761

2,651 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchain

I just got my m8, and it's completely stock, not even rooted yet. I'm having trouble maintaining a 4G connection. Even when I'm in an area with a strong signal, my phone eventually falls back to 3G and then won't upgrade to 4G until I enter and exit airplane mode again.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidRootz

I just got my M8 too and my 4G seems to be about the same as my last phone
...maybe a little bit better

Have seen this personally on 3 devices (all purchased from different locations). 2 employees and 1 myself. Its like it takes longer to get a 4G signal. I cant figure it out, but have learned to deal with it. It eventually gets a 4G lock, just not as soon as I would like. I have noticed that Insert Coin gets a 4G signal faster than the official vzw based ROMs though. Not sure if placebo though as my only ways of testing is watching the phone to see when it gets a 4G signal, when I know its in a strong 4G zone.
15th May 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I went and got a new sim card and surprisingly enough that seems to have solved the issue. Maybe there just wasn't a good connection with the old one? Not sure, but problem solved.

Thanks!
16th May 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 18

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchain

Thanks!

[Edit]
I went to the verizon store and got a new SIM card, and that's resolved the issue, I get a good solid 4G connection on a consistent basis. Maybe the old one wasn't maintaining connection? not sure but it's fixed now.

Thanks!

I had similar issues when I got mine. I switched from my S4 to the M8 and had to get a new Nano SIM card to fit the M8. It had issues with connecting to any data connection but I was able to fix it by taking out the SIM and then pushing it back in but not too firmly. I suppose it was the positioning of the SIM with the tray.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4g connectivity, connectivity problem, htc one (m8)
Previous Thread Next Thread