Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps can't use just taken pictures

Tip us?

OreBoySwaggin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Apps can't use just taken pictures

Hi my friend has a VM S3 (but doesn't use the service) and was previously on 4.3, I flashed sprints 4.4 tar on Odin, and philz touch etc etc, anyways the camera app works just fine but with Kik/instagram/snap chat the camera will display but when you take the picture and try to save/send it it won't work. flashed the 4.4 deodex from the android development forum and I'm still getting the same error and I can't figure it out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

OreBoySwaggin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
OK so I just downloaded Google camera on it and now its like "insert SD Card", which it has the internal and external SD cards...

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1319
Flash the insecure kernel and it sounds like you won't have that problem anymore.

And make sure the external SD card is formatted FAT32.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

OreBoySwaggin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Flash the insecure kernel and it sounds like you won't have that problem anymore.

And make sure the external SD card is formatted FAT32.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.
Thank you. I switched him over to P.A.C. Man ROM because I had to give it up before I got help. He loves it. But if he wants to go back I'll remember this. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to OreBoySwaggin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreBoySwaggin View Post
Thank you. I switched him over to P.A.C. Man ROM because I had to give it up before I got help. He loves it. But if he wants to go back I'll remember this. Thank you.

You're welcome!