16th May 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone else getting this?

I have rooted before, but now I'm on stock 19.5.3 after FXZing from 4.2.2 to KitKat (the lose all data variety, not preserving data). Checking for updates just last week told me I had the latest version, and I haven't touched anything under the hood since then. No, I didn't use the WP Off "permanent" hack.

I am using disk encryption though...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
16th May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,312 posts
I've seen this reported on a few sites today. The most likely explanation is that Motorola's update servers were down (maybe still are?) for some reason last night. I still haven't received the OTA; I'm patiently waiting for it to push.
16th May 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #3  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 71

245 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald

I've seen this reported on a few sites today. The most likely explanation is that Motorola's update servers were down (maybe still are?) for some reason last night. I still haven't received the OTA; I'm patiently waiting for it to push.

I'm seeing this message but it takes several minutes from the time I tap the check for system updates button and when I see this message. In between I see the spinning wheel and "checking for available update please wait". I would suspect its probably 50 gazillion other people out there checking for system updates and the servers are just too busy.
16th May 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
I was having the same problem this morning. Just tried it again, tapping system update does nothing. It doesn't even open the box saying checking for updates anymore.
16th May 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
Same here, just now. Used the Motorola Device Manager program with a usb connection to my PC. Told me there was no updates available yet it is still listed on the web site. I did have a OTA downloaded this morning but it was only 10 MBs and it gave me errors. So it went bye bye.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread