Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 LTE Service Mode options?

OP Zakanam

16th May 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

68 posts
Hey guys, so I have a 4G TabPro 8.4 and have a SIM with 4G data plan. The tab was bought online, probably from Hong Kong since the 4G variant isn't out in the UK. When I pop the SIM card in, the LTE option in 'Mobile Networks' doesn't appear, only GSM, WCDMA, and WCDMA/GSM.

The network I'm in is unreliable, tried calling them, they gave me a reference number and told me to wait. It's been a day so I'm not gonna rely on them anymore. This is my first time on their network so I have learnt my lesson but why do you think the option is gone?

I tried going to service mode and doing it manually like in a galaxy s4 but nothing... does anyone have a fix or a clue on how to manually trigger the LTE band?

Cheers!
16th May 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 1

76 posts
More
Re: Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4 LTE Service Mode options?
Hiya,

I am in the uk on Vodafone, but dont have a 4G sim nor there is coverage where I live Worcester,

However, my mobile settongs shows LTe as an option

Here is a screen shot

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by bigchemist; 16th May 2014 at 08:26 PM.
16th May 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakanam

Hey guys, so I have a 4G TabPro 8.4 and have a SIM with 4G data plan. The tab was bought online, probably from Hong Kong since the 4G variant isn't out in the UK. When I pop the SIM card in, the LTE option in 'Mobile Networks' doesn't appear, only GSM, WCDMA, and WCDMA/GSM.

The network I'm in is unreliable, tried calling them, they gave me a reference number and told me to wait. It's been a day so I'm not gonna rely on them anymore. This is my first time on their network so I have learnt my lesson but why do you think the option is gone?

I tried going to service mode and doing it manually like in a galaxy s4 but nothing... does anyone have a fix or a clue on how to manually trigger the LTE band?

Cheers!

I have had a Tab 8.4 4G for about one month, bought in the UK from Expensive Expansys. It is running with a 3 month 6Gb EE sim and LTE shows up OK for me. There was nothing that I needed to do to obtain this. It says "LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread