Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] How to stop automatic AT&T OTA update using DATA?

OP zagwin

16th May 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I got a around 46MB OTA update today, it automatic started without any notification, and then it used 46MB from my data plan.

How can I stop automatic AT&T update (I have stopped automatic update in the google play for APPs)? I wish I can do it using WIFI when I am home.

Thanks very much!
Best
Zagwin
16th May 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #2  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 725
 
1,410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagwin

I got a around 46MB OTA update today, it automatic started without any notification, and then it used 46MB from my data plan.

How can I stop automatic AT&T update (I have stopped automatic update in the google play for APPs)? I wish I can do it using WIFI when I am home.

Thanks very much!
Best
Zagwin

This AT&T update should not be taken against your data plan.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.
16th May 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb

This AT&T update should not be taken against your data plan.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.

I think it used my LTE data coz there isn't wifi connection in my office, I also checked in the "usage manager", it shows there is a 46MB usage in the data page.

Is there a way to stop this?
16th May 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #4  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 725
 
1,410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagwin

I think it used my LTE data coz there isn't wifi connection in my office, I also checked in the "usage manager", it shows there is a 46MB usage in the data page.

Is there a way to stop this?

Check by USSD code. From keypad dial *3282# and then you will receive text message with how much data was use. In data usage manager data is inaccurate because is measure by device and not always what you really use.
16th May 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #5  
composi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
It's going to show on your phone but it's not going to count against your data plan when you're billed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
16th May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
same concept as the free texts att sends you after a store visit or calling into the call center
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank