Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Radio modems (MB1) and Texting

Tip us?

jeremy702
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Radio modems (MB1) and Texting

So we know going to anything above a MB1 modem on none touchwiz ROMs causes texts to start to not get sent until you go back to MB1/TW and let the phone reregister the SIM; but has there been any progress into maybe finding out why? Was there a new modem on the Rogers 4.3 update that might have fixed that? Is there something in TW that does the registration to VZW that should get added to the none TW ROMs?

deewan a16
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Miui for vzw galaxy s3 had similar issues...but have not found any help on this issue any where else..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
I'm on ML1 with Hellkat 4.4.2 (CM based) and haven't had any texting issues.

Is this only on the stock app? I'm using GoSMS and haven't had any issues.
Current Device:
HTC One M7
Unlocked | S-Off | ROM: NuSenseSIX RC6.8

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
Locked | ROM: Hellkat 4.4.2 (build 20140116) | Kernel: BMS 3.4.75
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25
HTC Incredible (S-Off / unlocked)

Supercutetom
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carngeX View Post
I'm on ML1 with Hellkat 4.4.2 (CM based) and haven't had any texting issues.

Is this only on the stock app? I'm using GoSMS and haven't had any issues.
It's an issue based on peoples locations. Consider yourself lucky to be unaffected.

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercutetom View Post
It's an issue based on peoples locations. Consider yourself lucky to be unaffected.
Sounded like most people affected were East-coast, right? I'm Midwest, so that could be why.

I also read that they were all using the stock messaging app though, too, and people thought it could be somehow tied to some sort of "signature" the stock AOSP/CM messaging app sends it's SMS messages. Didn't see anybody mention if they were using a different texting app like GoSMS, Chomp, or Handcent.
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25

jeremy702
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Sounded like most people affected were East-coast, right? I'm Midwest, so that could be why.

I also read that they were all using the stock messaging app though, too, and people thought it could be somehow tied to some sort of "signature" the stock AOSP/CM messaging app sends it's SMS messages. Didn't see anybody mention if they were using a different texting app like GoSMS, Chomp, or Handcent.
I'm effected here in New Mexico.. it works for a while then stops. So I went back to MB1 and I'm staying there for now. Sucks, but at least I can text. It's a silly problem to have too, since the only way to get it back is to do the TW thing.

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy702 View Post
I'm effected here in New Mexico.. it works for a while then stops. So I went back to MB1 and I'm staying there for now. Sucks, but at least I can text. It's a silly problem to have too, since the only way to get it back is to do the TW thing.
Are you using the stock texting app or a 3rd party app? Nobody is saying what texting app they're using, besides a few that mentioned they were just using stock.
Current Device:
HTC One M7

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
HTC Rezound

jeremy702
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Are you using the stock texting app or a 3rd party app? Nobody is saying what texting app they're using, besides a few that mentioned they were just using stock.
I was using the stock messaging app. I also tried a few others GoSMS and another one and none of them changed the fact that until I did airplane mode on/off I couldn't send a text. once airplane mode was cycled i could send one text.. or when another one came in, then one text.

capt730
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy702 View Post
I was using the stock messaging app. I also tried a few others GoSMS and another one and none of them changed the fact that until I did airplane mode on/off I couldn't send a text. once airplane mode was cycled i could send one text.. or when another one came in, then one text.
I live in central PA and had the issue where I could only send 1 sms/mms and had to reboot. I was on the ML1 modem (with MF1 firmware) and what worked for me and others is to go back to a TW rom. Then flash the MB1 AIO firmware. Make sure you can send multiple sms/mms. If they go through, you should be good to use AOSP roms. After doing this, I tried CM11, C-Rom and PacMan and all 3 allowed me to send sms/mms. The key is to stay on the MB1 modem. Don't upgrade to a more recent modem.

cooldman224
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt730 View Post
I live in central PA and had the issue where I could only send 1 sms/mms and had to reboot. I was on the ML1 modem (with MF1 firmware) and what worked for me and others is to go back to a TW rom. Then flash the MB1 AIO firmware. Make sure you can send multiple sms/mms. If they go through, you should be good to use AOSP roms. After doing this, I tried CM11, C-Rom and PacMan and all 3 allowed me to send sms/mms. The key is to stay on the MB1 modem. Don't upgrade to a more recent modem.
Yeah pretty much this. I'm in VA and had the texting issue with the ML1 modem and the MF1 firmware. Right now I'm on the MB1 modem and the MB1 firmware and all is well.
Nexus 7 2013
Cyanogenmod 11 M5
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cyanogenmod 11 M3

Epic 3G speeds from the sticks