Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "Onguard Weather Alerts" Dynamic Location Broken?

Tip us?

JohnKuczek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] "Onguard Weather Alerts" Dynamic Location Broken?

I came to the S5 from a rooted CM11 Galaxy Nexus. On that device I was using Onguard Weather Alerts for severe weather notifications. It seems that it does not work on my S5 for the "Dynamic Locations". It works just fine and as expected if I specify a static location or locations.

Has anyone noted any issues with dynamic locations/follow me settings in background apps? If you found the issue, what was it?

(Location services is on, and set to high accuracy. Foreground apps seem to be able to use dynamic locations/follow me without issue.)
Currently using a VZW Samsung Galaxy S5 and a WiFi-Only Xoom (and an employer provided iPad)

xRogerxC
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKuczek View Post
I came to the S5 from a rooted CM11 Galaxy Nexus. On that device I was using Onguard Weather Alerts for severe weather notifications. It seems that it does not work on my S5 for the "Dynamic Locations". It works just fine and as expected if I specify a static location or locations.

Has anyone noted any issues with dynamic locations/follow me settings in background apps? If you found the issue, what was it?

(Location services is on, and set to high accuracy. Foreground apps seem to be able to use dynamic locations/follow me without issue.)
I can't answer your problem, but I can tell you that Onguard stopped working properly a long time ago. I am a SkyWarn weather spotter in Missouri, and I would not recommend using this app to save your life in severe weather. I recommend signing up for severe weather alert texts from your local National Weather Service office, as well as text alerts from your local tv news station if available.
Please hit the thanks button if I've helped you out!
Motorola Moto G (XT1031), Stock ROM, rooted, bootloader unlocked, Xposed w/GravityBox
U.S. Navy Combat Vet 1984-2002
Storm Chaser/NWS Springfield MO SKYWARN Spotter
Ham Radio Callsign KC0UHS
CompTia A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Tech.
Microsoft Certified MCSA/MCSE