Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How well do you think the Find 7a will be supported by the community?

OP Simmster

14th May 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 319

487 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Huh? The only thing I've found so far is discussion of people fixing some battery life issues by disabling Oppo's lockscreen.

Battery life overnight for me is spectacular. I lose 4% overnight typically on omni. Battery life "out and about" last Saturday was poor, but mpdecision wasn't running (all cores always active) and as much as I have disliked the interactive cpufreq governor in the past, with a 2.3 GHz, ondemand's tendency to jump to max freq is a little too much - since fixing mpdecision and changing governor to interactive battery life has seemed good in all cases.

I would hand it to you myself but we were told not to make them public just yet due to its beta-nature.
But if you want to take a look to evaluate its worth for the Omni project, get in touch with Zeus or Adam on the Oppoforums and ask to get invited into the conversation group.

From what I saw though it reduces the radio and wifi consumption by a good deal (at least on ColorOS).
15th May 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #32  
Flag Novo mesto
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
More
I can confirm what MrColdbird said. Drainage is solved. Just need to wait probably couple of days to become public. The results are great
15th May 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #33  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Good chance of an Omni test build with the basics working (none of the "special" niche features like screen-off gestures and dt2w yet, VOOC does work since that's 100% in-kernel and it would've been impossible to get working charging without working VOOC when I rebased the kernel during bringup) in the next few days. I've had a lot of help from Jake Whatley who does Omni maintenance on other devices along with Hieu Nguyen and Andre Saddler from Paranoid Android.

It's working on my device, and is at daily driver stage for me. (actually I've been daily driving it since last weekend because I can live w/o functioning camera). While normally the rule is "no ETAs", I currently have working builds on my personal phone so for a test build it's just a matter of me getting the time to actually clean up and merge things and actually upload something.

Known issues:
Very rare spontaneous reboots due to the wifi firmware (WCNSS) crashing. As in I noticed one this week. The frequent random reboots of last week have been resolved.
HDR does not appear to do anything in camera. I have a couple of ideas why, I just need time which I don't have. (Going to be out all evening tonight, probably out tomorrow night)
Microphone in speaker calls doesn't work. Earpiece calls and BT calls work.
Recording video is totally untested. In fact it's almost guaranteed that the same issues which cause mic to not work in speaker calls will also cause audio to fail during video recording.

Working well:
Wifi
Mobile data (small issue that LTE doesn't work until you manually enable it in Settings)
GPS/network location (Tested with Ingress, Foursquare, and Google Maps Navigation)
Bluetooth for calls and anything Google Glass relies on, along with Bluetooth OBD interfaces used by Torque Pro. Other BT stuff should work but I just haven't tested it it at all
Hardware accelerated video playback (tested in MX Player, but not tested with anything else)

In short:
Anything related to my current routine personal use cases is working spectacularly well now.

My DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ ( http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus ) arrived last Thursday so any time the weather is good I'm out flying it and I may have a visitor this weekend which are the main things impacting my work over the next few days.

Thank you so much for doing this!

I would love to offer my time in testing, bug hunting or what ever is needed.

Quote:

Huh? The only thing I've found so far is discussion of people fixing some battery life issues by disabling Oppo's lockscreen.

Battery life overnight for me is spectacular. I lose 4% overnight typically on omni. Battery life "out and about" last Saturday was poor, but mpdecision wasn't running (all cores always active) and as much as I have disliked the interactive cpufreq governor in the past, with a 2.3 GHz, ondemand's tendency to jump to max freq is a little too much - since fixing mpdecision and changing governor to interactive battery life has seemed good in all cases.

Jup, I also have much better results now running this special ColorOS version. But do you think this would be helpful for 4.4.2?
Last edited by betold; 15th May 2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added content
15th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #34  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,807

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
A bit of an update:
Sound is not working as well as I thought. Google Play Music works, but it turns out notification sounds don't. (My phone is almost always on vibrate...)
Every once in a while, some process goes bat**** insane and starts eating battery. It's random and I didn't have the right tools with me to debug it and identify exactly which process last time around. Happened last night while out, and also overnight. Instead of losing 4% battery overnight I lost 75-80% last night!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #35  

487 posts
Keep us updated on your progress entropy.

We all can't wait for omni.

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk
16th May 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #36  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,807

13,532 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK, things are a bit farther away than I thought. Serves me right for providing an ETA.

There's a bunch of qcom-specific stuff in frameworks/av that does NOT play nice with newer Qcom devices. I think that's why I don't get notification sounds. (I didn't notice this until a day or two ago as my device is usually on vibrate.)

Merging these fixes also requires us to update our main audio-caf repo, which is something we've been putting off for months, this just gives us yet another reason to do it. (while f7a doesn't use audio-caf, some config items need to be consistent between audio-caf and audio-caf-bfam)
16th May 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #37  

487 posts
I suggest do things right, even if it takes longer, unless there is a good reason not to or no gain in doing so.

I and many others will wait for your omni build patiently.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrColdbird For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 179

1,382 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrColdbird

I suggest do things right, even if it takes longer, unless there is a good reason not to or no gain in doing so.

I and many others will wait for your omni build patiently.

Well, lets not get carried away, I'm shooting for not being a total pain in the ass in the meantime. Patiently might be a bit of a stretch.
16th May 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #39  

487 posts
You got a plan b ready?
I'm all ears.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrColdbird For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 179

1,382 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrColdbird

You got a plan b ready?
I'm all ears.

lol I'm guessing the humor didn't translate.

The Following User Says Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread