[Q] lsusb not listing phone in download mode

16th May 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Hi Everyone,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and unfortunately I broke my volume up key so I cannot get the phone into recovery mode.

I can, however, get into download mode. Unfortunately, when I run lsusb, the phone is not listed.

What can I do here?
Last edited by Stvnx7; 16th May 2014 at 07:15 PM.
16th May 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 522

884 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stvnx7

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and unfortunately I broke my volume up key so I cannot get the phone into recovery mode.

I can, however, get into download mode. Unfortunately, when I run lsusb, the phone is not listed.

What can I do here?

Are you running Ubuntu? If so what version? I think 11.04 was the last version of Ubuntu that made connecting to the gs3 as easy as plugging it in. Now you need to jump through a couple hoops to connect. That is one of many reasons I moved to arch Linux. I should add you need to jump though hoops on arch as well but at least they don't claim to be user friendly and I like being on the bleeding edge.
Last edited by ThePagel; 16th May 2014 at 11:38 PM.
17th May 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

Are you running Ubuntu? If so what version? I think 11.04 was the last version of Ubuntu that made connecting to the gs3 as easy as plugging it in. Now you need to jump through a couple hoops to connect. That is one of many reasons I moved to arch Linux. I should add you need to jump though hoops on arch as well but at least they don't claim to be user friendly and I like being on the bleeding edge.

I'm running Slackware but the problem was simply that the USB port I was plugged into is not working. As soon as I switched to another port, everything worked OK.

Now i have another problem - whenever I try to install a ROM that is d2lte it fails. I can install d2vzw just fine, but these are missing gapp. I tried to install gapp in order to update TWRP, but that's not working because all the gapps are for d2lte.
17th May 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

41 posts
Nevermind, I completely missed the dd write method for installing TWRP. That was painless. Now I will install a good ROM for my needs. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stvnx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
udev
Previous Thread Next Thread