Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]ROMs, battery life etc.

Tip us?

Artisto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q]ROMs, battery life etc.

I perfectly know that topics like "What is the best ROM" are forbidden here, but I hope this one won't be like that.

I'm getting a little bit bored with stock 4.1.2 JB. This iteration of Android is really old, and day after day it's getting older. And there's virtually no chance for the official update. That is the reason I'm considering installation of KitKat-based ROM.
But what I'm concerned about is battery life.
I can get about 3,5 hours of the on-screen time on stock JB. I have EcoMode toggled on and CPU set at 640MHz

I want to know if custom ROMs tend to have worse battery life or rather are capable of increasing it? If I'm going to get worse battery life after installing custom ROM, then I'd rather stay on stock JB.

And what about "brick"? Can you really brick your phone so badly, that there's no chance for it to be fixed?

And the last question - what's the difference between "Optimus 4X HD Android Development" and "Optimus 4X HD Original Android Development" ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Artisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Omario-242
Old
Thanks Meter 231
If you'd consider to search you could get the answers to those questions quite easily.

The battery can be worse but also better than stock. Depends on your settings and your knowledge (or ability to read).

Yes you can brick a device to a point of no return, but that's nearly impossible with our 4X HD.

The optimus android development is rather for ported roms and no original developed code I think.

But you can read that in the stickys of the android development section.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
||
|| LG Optimus 4X HD (P880)
|| Android Version 4.4.4 Kitkat
|| Recovery TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.0.0
|| Kernel Iodak v10 Beta
|| Rom Version Vanir maintained by Laufersteppenwolf

||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omario-242 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]