Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Losing the extra camera when using a stock 4.4.2 ROM

Tip us?

mazdarati2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Losing the extra camera when using a stock 4.4.2 ROM

I wonder what would happen to the extra camera when you flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM. Would it then become useless? And I also wonder what happens to the 'double tap to wake the screen gesture'.

Thanks

Phone: HTC Desire Z Smashed after playing Flappy Bird

"...also if you Jailbreak an iPhone, then you're basically wishing for an Android device secretly."

craig0r
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdarati2 View Post
I wonder what would happen to the extra camera when you flash a stock 4.4.2 ROM. Would it then become useless? And I also wonder what happens to the 'double tap to wake the screen gesture'.

Thanks
Do you mean AOSP? Because stock ROMs are exactly where those two features work. On AOSP, I'm quite sure those features won't be active. Possibly someone could port them over, but then it wouldn't truly be AOSP.

If you mean a Google Play Edition ROM, I don't think the motion gestures will work, but I think the second camera is supposed to be active and functional. Someone who's used a GPE ROM would be able to answer better though, as I'm on Sense, and I'm just pretty sure I read that somewhere.
craig0r

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Rogers HTC One
HP Touchpad with CM10

mr.dj26
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig0r View Post
Do you mean AOSP? Because stock ROMs are exactly where those two features work. On AOSP, I'm quite sure those features won't be active. Possibly someone could port them over, but then it wouldn't truly be AOSP.

If you mean a Google Play Edition ROM, I don't think the motion gestures will work, but I think the second camera is supposed to be active and functional. Someone who's used a GPE ROM would be able to answer better though, as I'm on Sense, and I'm just pretty sure I read that somewhere.
I dont know about AOSP but on GPE both the motion gesture and the duo camera will work. On gpe just take a pic, go to HTC gallery, and edit the photo you want.