Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

What site offers the cheapest unlocking service?

OP eezeekial

14th May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23

Did you finance your device?

Sent from my SM-G900T

No I bought it from someone off Craigslist. Wanted to start playing with it since there hasnt been much progress on the AT&T version.
14th May 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 308

844 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezeekial

No I bought it from someone off Craigslist. Wanted to start playing with it since there hasnt been much progress on the AT&T version.

You're screwed for now, ATT is locked down until they crack it. Same with Verizon.
14th May 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain954

You're screwed for now, ATT is locked down until they crack it. Same with Verizon.

Screwed in which way? I could still purchase an unlock code for it and use it on ATT. I would like to avoid that if there is another way though.
16th May 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #14  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 319

508 posts
More
If your phone is network locked, then flashing a new ROM will not unlock it, as it is the IMEI that is network locked, not the firmware on the phone.

I got my phone from Vodafone UK and unlocked it the next day using a code from www.unlockunit.com. Cost about $25. I did not have to root / flash the phone, as I simply put in a SIM card from a network other than the one my phone is locked to and the phone asked me for an unlock code.

I have no idea if ATT firmware will stop working once you unlock your phone. but I can confirm that the Vodafone UK firmware on my phone is still working fine.

Hope this helps. If so, please hit thanks button
16th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 86

1,507 posts
Has anyone found a cheaper price or way to unlock the tmobile Gs5?every place that I have found wants $30.00 plus dollars.any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
16th May 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 18

60 posts
I've used this site before:

http://www.cellunlocker.net

I don't know if it'll work on all carriers in North America, but you can plug in your details on the site to check before you buy a code.

Took about 4 hours to get my code.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th May 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #17  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 466

1,762 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt

I've used this site before:

http://www.cellunlocker.net

I don't know if it'll work on all carriers in North America, but you can plug in your details on the site to check before you buy a code.

Took about 4 hours to get my code.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I used this site as well, cost me $15 and took about 5 hours to receive the code.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread