Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What site offers the cheapest unlocking service?

Tip us?

eezeekial
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23 View Post
Did you finance your device?

Sent from my SM-G900T
No I bought it from someone off Craigslist. Wanted to start playing with it since there hasnt been much progress on the AT&T version.

bloodrain954
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezeekial View Post
No I bought it from someone off Craigslist. Wanted to start playing with it since there hasnt been much progress on the AT&T version.
You're screwed for now, ATT is locked down until they crack it. Same with Verizon.

eezeekial
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain954 View Post
You're screwed for now, ATT is locked down until they crack it. Same with Verizon.
Screwed in which way? I could still purchase an unlock code for it and use it on ATT. I would like to avoid that if there is another way though.

uberNoobZA
Old
Thanks Meter 306
If your phone is network locked, then flashing a new ROM will not unlock it, as it is the IMEI that is network locked, not the firmware on the phone.

I got my phone from Vodafone UK and unlocked it the next day using a code from www.unlockunit.com. Cost about $25. I did not have to root / flash the phone, as I simply put in a SIM card from a network other than the one my phone is locked to and the phone asked me for an unlock code.

I have no idea if ATT firmware will stop working once you unlock your phone. but I can confirm that the Vodafone UK firmware on my phone is still working fine.

Hope this helps. If so, please hit thanks button
Don't be shy to hit that 'Thanks' button
Current -
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F - Stock 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Camera GC110 - Stock 4.1
ASUS Transformer Book T100 - Win8.1 Pro

Retired / Sold -
Galaxy Note 3 | Nexus 5 | Nexus 4 | Lumia 925 | Galaxy S3 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire HD | Galaxy S2 | Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) | Nexus 7 (2013) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Galaxy Note | Galaxy Tab | Archos 80 G9 | Asus Transformer | Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000

xda23
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Has anyone found a cheaper price or way to unlock the tmobile Gs5?every place that I have found wants $30.00 plus dollars.any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tybalt
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I've used this site before:

http://www.cellunlocker.net

I don't know if it'll work on all carriers in North America, but you can plug in your details on the site to check before you buy a code.

Took about 4 hours to get my code.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

msavic6
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt View Post
I've used this site before:

http://www.cellunlocker.net

I don't know if it'll work on all carriers in North America, but you can plug in your details on the site to check before you buy a code.

Took about 4 hours to get my code.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I used this site as well, cost me $15 and took about 5 hours to receive the code.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk