[Q]Remove google now launcher

Search This thread

Johannski

Apr 23, 2013
www.johannesdeml.com
Hey everybody,

I want to get rid of a bit of Google's stuff. I installed CyanogenMod on my phone (Sony Xperia Go, but I guess that's not too important) and afterwards GAPS. This changed the launcher to the google now launcher. I decided to just delete it, which got me in trouble, the wasn't able to boot anymore. This makes sense, due to the fact, that it was my launcher, I didn't think much about what could happen, when I deleted it.

So here is my question. I started fresh, and installed GAPS once again. This time I also installed ADW.Launcher and set it up as my default launcher (See attachment). Is it now save for me, to remove Google Now Launcher, or does it do something else, which is critical for running my OS?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 911

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hey everybody,

I want to get rid of a bit of Google's stuff. I installed CyanogenMod on my phone (Sony Xperia Go, but I guess that's not too important) and afterwards GAPS. This changed the launcher to the google now launcher. I decided to just delete it, which got me in trouble, the wasn't able to boot anymore. This makes sense, due to the fact, that it was my launcher, I didn't think much about what could happen, when I deleted it.

So here is my question. I started fresh, and installed GAPS once again. This time I also installed ADW.Launcher and set it up as my default launcher (See attachment). Is it now save for me, to remove Google Now Launcher, or does it do something else, which is critical for running my OS?

You'll be fine to remove. I actually don't know why it wouldn't boot when you removed it the first time. Your phone can certainly run without a launcher (just makes it really difficult to get around lol).

Arucarde

Jan 2, 2013
Hey everybody,

Since you already selected ADW as default probably it will boot just as usual, so yeah I think it´s safe. At least I have done the same in the past xD

Hey everybody,

No problem. If you have ADW set as default, you can safely uninstall Google Now Launcher. After reboot phone will successfully boot to ADW Launcher's Home.

Press Thanks if helped.

Johannski

Apr 23, 2013
www.johannesdeml.com
It worked

Thanks a lot, it worked without problems :) For any other person, who wants to do that, it is also save to remove the google search, if an other launcher is installed (I think back then, I removed the google search app, which had the launcher included).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody,

You'll be fine to remove. I actually don't know why it wouldn't boot when you removed it the first time. Your phone can certainly run without a launcher (just makes it really difficult to get around lol).