Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wanting to upgrade to Kit Kat

Tip us?

chris23445
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Wanting to upgrade to Kit Kat

Hey guys, I'm currently on the Verizon S4 running ME7.
I want to upgrade to MK2, so that way I can install Safestrap and then upgrade to NC5 so I can keep root and install a custom ROM. How the heck do I upgrade to MK2? Is there a full wipe file that I need, or should I do a no wipe? I can't really find ODIN files for MK2. I currrently have modified many system things and have uninstall some Samsung apps with Titanium Backup. Should I use one of the ODIN files for MK2 for a full wipe and install that, and then I will be on a stock version, and then I can root and Safestrap MK2 and then use a keep root method for NC5?

Any help would be appreciated. I just mainly need help upgrading from ME7 to MK2 so that way I can root and install safestrap and use the keep root method for NC5. The ROM I want to install is Echoe for Verizon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702592

Thanks guys!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris23445 View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently on the Verizon S4 running ME7.
I want to upgrade to MK2, so that way I can install Safestrap and then upgrade to NC5 so I can keep root and install a custom ROM. How the heck do I upgrade to MK2? Is there a full wipe file that I need, or should I do a no wipe? I can't really find ODIN files for MK2. I currrently have modified many system things and have uninstall some Samsung apps with Titanium Backup. Should I use one of the ODIN files for MK2 for a full wipe and install that, and then I will be on a stock version, and then I can root and Safestrap MK2 and then use a keep root method for NC5?

Any help would be appreciated. I just mainly need help upgrading from ME7 to MK2 so that way I can root and install safestrap and use the keep root method for NC5. The ROM I want to install is Echoe for Verizon: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702592

Thanks guys!

Here is MK2 Odin files for you. Try the no wipe one first. Then make sure you read up a bit if you haven't already on upgrading to NC5 and keeping root. Staying on MK2 isn't a had idea really until more ROMs are available for NC5.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209
Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chris23445
Old
(Last edited by chris23445; 17th May 2014 at 06:07 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
EDIT: Nevermind I figured out my question