Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,642 Members 44,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One Mini - Soft Bricked - Help.

Tip us?

Pirecks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] HTC One Mini - Soft Bricked - Help.

I've been searching on here for the past 2 weeks for a solution to my phone problem, and have yet to find one. I bought the HTC One Mini from Amazon, it's from Spain, and I'm in the US. I didn't know this before I got into rooting this, and I've rooted 2 of my own HTC One M7's, (one TMO and one ATT) and a HTC Evo back in high school and can't manage to fix this. I wasn't aware of the new partition layout prior to me trying to flash a new recovery, and it wiped my OS, and all that ****. I can get to my bootloader, and my recovery, and have flashed a fixed recovery. I'm S-On and Unlocked @ HTCdev. HBoot 2.22. How do I flash either a stock rom or a rooted rom to my **** now? If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Basically:
I can't use ADB sideload for some odd reason, it always says my device is not connected.
I've updated all the drivers, with Android SDK, I think HTC Sync might be still installed.
I have TWRP 2.7.0.5, and I'm pretty sure I grabbed the right stock rom: i can't post the link apparently, it's tr1gg3r84's pure stock one.
About to try flashing it with:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash rom.zip (renaming it, not just putting rom.zip)

do i need to flash the boot.img too? if so how?

The sooner the better on replies, this is my only day off and I'm trying to fix it.
Also got a skype if that would work.

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Thanks Meter 114
you need this recovery twrp 2.7.0.8 http://mdmower.cmphys.com/twrp-m4/ for new partition layout. but if you cant flash in fastboot, either buy an OTG cable or try flashify from playstore, once you have the new recovery installed, download a rom and flash
Candy Rom | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.48-4 | HBoot 2.22 | S-OFF | SuperCID | PA PICO Gapps | TBO Apps

Pirecks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddison View Post
you need this recovery twrp 2.7.0.8 for new partition layout. but if you cant flash in fastboot, either buy an OTG cable or try flashify from playstore, once you have the new recovery installed, download a rom and flash
twrp 2.7.0.5 does the same, but will try that.
i've been lookign for the OTG cable locally and my last resort is a radio shack.
i can't even boot up, it just bootloops, it stays at the white htc screen.
been trying to flash a rom, but it doesn't seem to work lol.
i'm going to try a new one i just got too.
i guess i have to use rebootRUU to do this? I can't drag n drop cuz it doesn't recognize my **** i don't think.

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Thanks Meter 114
So can you not even boot into recovery?
Try rebooting to bootloader
Then connect phone to pc, open command prompt where your fastboot is and type fastboot devices. It should identify your device
Candy Rom | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.48-4 | HBoot 2.22 | S-OFF | SuperCID | PA PICO Gapps | TBO Apps

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Are you running windows 8? And maybe try a female to female usb adaptor if they
are around locally should do the same thing with you usb cable.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Daily Driver
Samsung Galaxy S moviNAND
CreedROM v8 JellyBean 4.1.2
6 SEP 2014

Test Phone
Samsung Galaxy S iNAND
Mackay CM9 2014 1.7
21 AUG 2014

Pirecks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddison View Post
So can you not even boot into recovery?
Try rebooting to bootloader
Then connect phone to pc, open command prompt where your fastboot is and type fastboot devices. It should identify your device
I can boot into recovery, but ADB doesn't work and I can't seem to mount **** to my pc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffBuster View Post
Are you running windows 8? And maybe try a female to female usb adaptor if they
are around locally should do the same thing with you usb cable.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Looked at a walmart, best buy, and checked online, there's nothing local. Unless I want to wait for the OTG to get here, I'm just gonna have to find the Stock Recovery, which I can't find.

Pirecks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've found more things that could probably be of use, I really need this help guys.

I can't use ADB still, in device manager it says One Mini.
My bootloader now says there's not an OS.
The computer recognizes it to a point, but I can't load it on the computer still.
HTC Sync hasn't helped. Downloaded it earlier.
I have the whole SDK, and checked my version of ADB.
Even ran it in administrator.
I know it's not the fastboot or adb because i rooted my m7 right before this one.
I could use a stock recovery, but can't find one.

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Thanks Meter 114
suppose, but you still have the problem of getting that on to the phone.
if your phone is found by device manager...by rights it should find your phone when its in fastboot usb mode.
try this adb installer http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
or see if you can get a dual usb like this http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Androi...ndisk+dual+usb easier to find in store than an otg cable