Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Temporarily blown speaker

Tip us?

fezzle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Temporarily blown speaker

I just encountered a strange problem. As I was listening to Google Voice Search kindly tell me the weather, the response sounded strange... "crackling" doesn't describe it correctly, but it sounded as if it was coming through a cell phone with bad reception. I then tried to play some music and it had a similar sound.

At first I was worried that after a good 7 months, the speakers on my GN10 had magically blown out.

But I reset the tablet and now it's fine.

Has this happened to anyone? Should I be concerned about it happening again (or more frequently) or shrug it off as a one time bug?

I'm glad to see the warranty is 12 months (and not 6 months as I originally thought), because I wonder if this is worth sending in to Samsung for repair.

elzeus
Old
Thanks Meter 32
It's not hardware it's a software issue since 4.4.2.

jaytee23
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes, it is an issue since 4.4.2 and you don't need to reset to fix it. Just put the Note to sleep using the power button, wait 5 or 10 seconds and then unlock again. Make sure you wait the 5 or 10 seconds since it doesn't seem to work if you lock/unlock immediately. If it doesn't work the first time, try a few more times. It works for me and it beats rebooting.