Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Verizon basic (free) visual voicemail

16th May 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Roswell
Thanks Meter: 43

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
My girlfriend took the OTA and her basic visual voicemail works. I noticed the version on her app is 3.0.4.

My note in the other hand, I'm rooted and on the 4.4.2 leak. My Verizon voicemail app version is 2.4.0 and the app won't work at all. Do I just need to just download the 3.0.4 apk ? Anyone else having this issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EDIT:

Solved the issue, download com.samsung.vvm-1.apk attached to this post
This version is 3.0.4 extracted from 4.4.2 (NC4) on my girlfriends note, this will work with the leaked version of 4.4.2 (NC2), just download and install like any normal APK, no need to move around /system/apps or anything
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.samsung.vvm-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.25 MB, 425 views)
Last edited by nlghtcrawler; 17th May 2014 at 08:40 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nlghtcrawler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Roswell

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well I figured it out, I just took the apk from her phone since I couldn't find it anywhere on the interwebs.
All I did was it install it and now it works great. I thought I'd share the 3.0.4 apk with you guys, this should be the correct version, I pulled it from /system/apps folder. If it's not I'll reupload it when I get home

File: See first post

Last edited by nlghtcrawler; 17th May 2014 at 08:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nlghtcrawler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag WI
Thanks Meter: 21

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I replaced the app in system/app, rebooted, and im still getting the issue of it not detecting the subscription. What did you do exactly, just copied the apk into the system/app and rebooted?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

So I replaced the app in system/app, rebooted, and im still getting the issue of it not detecting the subscription. What did you do exactly, just copied the apk into the system/app and rebooted?
17th May 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Roswell

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just download the apk and install it normally. I tried to replace the app I'm the/system/apps folder and it didn't work. Just try and install it like normal apk

17th May 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #5  
Flag WI

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlghtcrawler

Just download the apk and install it normally. I tried to replace the app I'm the/system/apps folder and it didn't work. Just try and install it like normal apk

I did and it says "application not installed." When I move it to system/app it will boot after a reboot bit the version is showing as 2.4.0
17th May 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Roswell

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc2543

I did and it says "application not installed." When I move it to system/app it will boot after a reboot bit the version is showing as 2.4.0

Alright my fault I think i uploaded the stock APK (2.4.0) THIS should be the correct apk

File: See first post
Last edited by nlghtcrawler; 17th May 2014 at 08:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nlghtcrawler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag WI

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlghtcrawler

Alright my fault I think i uploaded the stock APK (2.4.0) THIS should be the correct apk https://www.dropbox.com/s/w148ac2fnc...sung.vvm-1.apk

That worked. Thanks much.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread