Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [TEST] Test performance of app

Tip us?

keaukraine
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default [APP] [TEST] Test performance of app

Hello,

I've received a few reports from users about poor performance of app running on Samsung Galaxy S4, the models w/ Snapdragon chips. Strangely enough, it runs perfectly smooth on Nexus4 w/ similar chip - Snapdragon 4. After googling for possible performance bottlenecks I've found some clues that this can be related to OpenGL drivers.

Could you please download app and tell:
1. If animation of live wallpaper itself is smooth.
2. If animation of launcher UI is smooth.
3. Firmware details.

You can check performance with postprocessing set to Medium and Off - this can be changed in live wallpaper's settings.

Google Play link (app is free):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...paperpotusfree
Devices: HTC Desire S (stock 4.0.4), Motorola Milestone (2.3 CyanogenMod), ASUS TF101 Transformer (stock 4.0.3 rooted), Nexuses 4/7/10 (stock).

~ Myzrael ~
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Ok mate i tried it. First my setup: i9505 stock 4.4.2 fw (deodexed and debloated, but stock), faux kernel, stock cpu and gpu freqs. With postprocessing turned off wallpaper is perfectly smooth, kinda smooth also at medium and high, but ui is laggy, always, with off too. Tried also to turn dirty and shaking off, still laggy. If i turn blur on, all is smooth, also with high processing. Don't forget that nexus4 is 720p, s4 is 1080p but they share same gpu, so i don't think is a driver issue, but just a matter of pixel count

Sent from Galaxy S4
SGS4 i9505 Faux Kernel
Nexus7 SlimBean + Faux Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to ~ Myzrael ~ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Why is this here?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

papete
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91 View Post
Why is this here?

Yes, is not the right section (it should go in the themes and apps section), but at least it is a post from a dev trying to improve the user experience for our phones, not a user asking when will xx come out, or let's comapere battery life, or look how cool my phone looks...
The Following User Says Thank You to papete For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by papete View Post
Yes, is not the right section (it should go in the themes and apps section), but at least it is a post from a dev trying to improve the user experience for our phones, not a user asking when will xx come out, or let's comapere battery life, or look how cool my phone looks...
I dont mean any thing bad. I mean what is use of a live wallpaper to test performance, this than another live wallpaper app?