Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X - Trying to go back to stock...

Tip us?

Dazzd88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One X - Trying to go back to stock...

Okay, a little background about my situation...

So my contract is coming to an end and I decided to flash a 4.4 based ROM. I didn't do enough research and although I successfully unlocked the bootloader, flashed a custom recovery and flashed the ROM...it wouldn't boot (which I now understand was caused by not having flashed the boot.img from within the ROM).

So anyways, I had wiped this/that/the other in order to try and resolve my above issue.

After much fiddling, I managed to get a Nandroid backup onto my phone (2.17 - restored and booted successfully). I then wanted to use an RUU to return the phone completely to stock. However, no matter what I do, I can't get the RUU to successfully install because my version-main is too new.

Firstly, is what I'm trying to do even possible? The reason why I want to be able to do this is so that if I ever decide to sell the phone on, that I can restore/reset it to as near to complete factory as possible.

Here's my FASTBOOT GETVAR ALL:

Code:
version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.39.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.163R.30
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.16.110.4
serialno: HT23SW116477
imei: 359188042240051
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ4610000
cidnum: T-MOB005
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4150mV
devpower: 100
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0
I should've known better than to attempt it without more research (didn't think HTC would make it harder to flash ROMs and then go back to stock...lesson learned)

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzd88 View Post
Okay, a little background about my situation...

So my contract is coming to an end and I decided to flash a 4.4 based ROM. I didn't do enough research and although I successfully unlocked the bootloader, flashed a custom recovery and flashed the ROM...it wouldn't boot (which I now understand was caused by not having flashed the boot.img from within the ROM).

So anyways, I had wiped this/that/the other in order to try and resolve my above issue.

After much fiddling, I managed to get a Nandroid backup onto my phone (2.17 - restored and booted successfully). I then wanted to use an RUU to return the phone completely to stock. However, no matter what I do, I can't get the RUU to successfully install because my version-main is too new.

Firstly, is what I'm trying to do even possible? The reason why I want to be able to do this is so that if I ever decide to sell the phone on, that I can restore/reset it to as near to complete factory as possible.

Here's my FASTBOOT GETVAR ALL:

Code:
version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.39.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.163R.30
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.16.110.4
serialno: HT23SW116477
imei: 359188042240051
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ4610000
cidnum: T-MOB005
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4150mV
devpower: 100
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0
I should've known better than to attempt it without more research (didn't think HTC would make it harder to flash ROMs and then go back to stock...lesson learned)
No RUU for this main version you must to find stock nandroid backup
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

n1kos
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Yeah, go and grab from the nandroid backup post in general section the 3.16.110.4 backup. Flash the recovery that it's in the backup, flash the boot image, and the restore the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC One X
HTC ONE X - S-OFF - SUPERCID <3

Nexus 7 2012 Android 4.3

Dazzd88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay guys thanks. Not quite what I was hoping to hear.

Just wish HTC would make it easier for people to customize and then go back to stock with an RUU...a bit like my old Desire where I was able to use an older RUU than the software version on my phone to go back to stock (can't remember the actual process I used).

I think I may ditch HTC when I get my upgrade.