Default [Q] Galaxy Ace S5830 with custom ROM back to original

Hi,
I am rather new at android. I recently acquired used Samsung Galaxy S5830. Hardware is in excellent condition, however firmware and software are a real mess. The phone seems to have Cynogenmod as a custom ROM installed which I find annoying and there are bunch of apps that I don't dare removing not knowing what they are while basic things are missing including possibility to add Samsung account, email client, gmail client, maps, Samsung apps, navigation etc.... I would like to get the phone either back to its original state or some other custom ROM that would include all (and only) original preinstalled Samsung applications as many of them are missing now, whie there is bunch of stuff I don't need and don't know what they are.
I have found appropriate USB drivers, installed them, appropriate tar.md5 file, installed Odin 3.7, put the phone in download mode and tried to do it myself. However, Odin creates a port but fails each time, I get no yellow or green where its supposed to be. I am not using the phone yet, so I don't mind wiping it all, no backup is needed.
: Model number (GT-S5830), Android version (4.2.2), Baseband version (S5830XWKT8), Kernel version (2.6.35.7-androidarmv6+jenkins@piripiri209 #1), CPU, Memory (277 MB), CyanogenMod version 10.1.0-RC4-GT-S5830-cooper, Build date and Build number

I'd appreciate all the help I can get.
Thx.