Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jtag

Tip us?
 
bhp090808
Old
#1  
bhp090808's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 655
Posts: 429
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sebring

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Jtag

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy JTAG service for an old lgog I got laying around?

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mkfryan
Old
#2  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 194
Posts: 491
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sturgis SD
Mobiletechvideo never had to use them but have heard great things about them

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
 
jriv
Old
(Last edited by jriv; 30th April 2014 at 02:59 PM.)
#3  
jriv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,729
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Princeton,MN
Edit

Sent from my LG-GEEB using Tapatalk
follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/j_riv86
 
hbawlz
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Salem
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriv View Post
I used them there good

Sent from my LG-GEEB using Tapatalk
Ive used them twice.... Very happy with the service.... if your phones a must have then pay for the speedier service.... otherwise it takes a while to make the round trip...
No ones ever died from havin to search Google themselves

On the off chance I don't know what Im saying...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=XDA+At%26t+Optimus+G#
 
doverjosh8
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan View Post
Mobiletechvideo never had to use them but have heard great things about them

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
How much do they charge?
 
Mantu13
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 63
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chandler
Quote:
Originally Posted by doverjosh8 View Post
How much do they charge?
I would caution against them. They did return my phone in a working condition. However, they clearly have a very poor understanding of how to properly run a business and you should count out any kind of customer support during the process.

First off, when you send off your phone, you're given a guarantee that the phone will be finished within 4 days and shipped back no later than the 5th day it's been there. great! Except when the 10th day rolls around and you haven't heard a thing from them. So you think "I'll just give them a call and see what's up." Only now you find out that they don't answer the phone. They sometimes do, but that's after calling back several times throughout the day. You finally get them on the phone and they apologize for not getting your phone sent out and tell you it's going through testing and it will be shipped out the next monday at the latest. Wednesday rolls around and still, you hear absolutely nothing from them. Then begins the process all over again. You have them promise to call you if it's not sent out and the person on the phone personally guarantee's to call you if it's not sent out. Guess what? Another promise broken.

My 4 days took just under a month. It's still a small business and it seems like it's being run by a few people who do everything. If they had told me that it would take a month in the beginning, I would have been okay. Instead, they choose to extremely over promise what they can't even begin to deliver on. The entire thing felt like I was getting scammed and I was never very certain that I wasn't until I got my phone back.

Once again, I did get my phone back and it does work well. My screen sometimes doesn't work now for some reason but I haven't actually tested to make sure it's the rom that's not working. If you do decide to go with them, I would take any guarantee they give you with a grain of salt.

I believe the JTAG repair itself was ~$60 but my logic board was supposedly also bad so it got bumped up to $100 in the end. If I had to do it all again, I would probably just buy a new logic board on ebay and replace that for ~$60-70 bucks myself but it's not something I thought about at the time.
 
doverjosh8
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantu13 View Post
I would caution against them. They did return my phone in a working condition. However, they clearly have a very poor understanding of how to properly run a business and you should count out any kind of customer support during the process.

First off, when you send off your phone, you're given a guarantee that the phone will be finished within 4 days and shipped back no later than the 5th day it's been there. great! Except when the 10th day rolls around and you haven't heard a thing from them. So you think "I'll just give them a call and see what's up." Only now you find out that they don't answer the phone. They sometimes do, but that's after calling back several times throughout the day. You finally get them on the phone and they apologize for not getting your phone sent out and tell you it's going through testing and it will be shipped out the next monday at the latest. Wednesday rolls around and still, you hear absolutely nothing from them. Then begins the process all over again. You have them promise to call you if it's not sent out and the person on the phone personally guarantee's to call you if it's not sent out. Guess what? Another promise broken.

My 4 days took just under a month. It's still a small business and it seems like it's being run by a few people who do everything. If they had told me that it would take a month in the beginning, I would have been okay. Instead, they choose to extremely over promise what they can't even begin to deliver on. The entire thing felt like I was getting scammed and I was never very certain that I wasn't until I got my phone back.

Once again, I did get my phone back and it does work well. My screen sometimes doesn't work now for some reason but I haven't actually tested to make sure it's the rom that's not working. If you do decide to go with them, I would take any guarantee they give you with a grain of salt.

I believe the JTAG repair itself was ~$60 but my logic board was supposedly also bad so it got bumped up to $100 in the end. If I had to do it all again, I would probably just buy a new logic board on ebay and replace that for ~$60-70 bucks myself but it's not something I thought about at the time.
Thanks for the detailed response. I don't think I'll be using them as I'd be too worried my phone would never get returned. Time to look elsewhere.
 
DeathmonkeyGTX
Old
#8  
DeathmonkeyGTX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 514
Posts: 1,873
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Most people have great luck with them. Don't take one bad experience as the whole picture of the company.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
E970 synergy CodefireX 4.2.2
 
jriv
Old
#9  
jriv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,729
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Princeton,MN
I will say I got mine back and the touch screen wasn't workin. They wanted me to ship it back so they could look at it I took it apart myself and one of the connectors for the touchscreen wasn't connected so I fixed it but they didn't test my phone out before they shipped it back. So I would advise against using them.

Sent from my LG-GEEB using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

Here is an older thread with my issues explained more

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261876

Sent from my LG-GEEB using Tapatalk
follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/j_riv86
 
hbawlz
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 61
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Salem
Im going to stick with my original answer of I DO recommend MobileTechVideos JTAG service! That means I ENDORSE their service.... They were very detailed about how to correspond with them, I had no difficulty in this WHATSOEVER. Provided tracking on my phone. Slow return service nets you exactly what you pay for. Want it back sooner.... pay the postage and take it up with USPS or UPS or whoever is handling your parcel. MobTech is doing YOU a service with service options to fit the pockets of different people... Don't H8 cuz you went light on your payment decision.... Mobile tech videos adhered to the outline they setup 10 fold IMHO, On BOTH transactions I made with them....


I am NOT a paid spokesperson for MobTechVid.

Just a guy that would use them again (God Forbid) if the need arises.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverjosh8 View Post
Thanks for the detailed response. I don't think I'll be using them as I'd be too worried my phone would never get returned. Time to look elsewhere.
Ya I read it again.... Go to Mobtechs website and try again bro.... you cant complete your transaction with out attaining exactly all the info you need to track your phone and it states clearly you pay base amount u get base postal service.... you pay rush , it comes back a day later than rush service. both time it was in their shop for the same amount of time.... but I payed different returns and slow was slow, speedy was -speedy. When they charge your card... they have provided all info on EVERYTHING you will encounter until it comes back to you.... never strayed from it once... So Stop ****in your phone up and JTAG wont be needed....
And OMG..... We have multiROM now? Im so excited....!
No ones ever died from havin to search Google themselves

On the off chance I don't know what Im saying...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=XDA+At%26t+Optimus+G#

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...