Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more
Post Reply

One "this is a test device" help - urgent

17th May 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

yes,

this one for RUU.EXE method: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u...78_signed-exe/

or this one for RUU.ZIP method: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...78_signed-zip/
AFH mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584993

remember to check MD5 on the download, to make sure it's not corrupt
.


It's now updated to the RUU you listed.

What's next?
17th May 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #12  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969
 
5,986 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros

It's now updated to the RUU you listed.

What's next?

As mentioned:
1- remove tampered set locked
2- run / flash ruu 1.28.401.7
3- boot up once to make sure everything is OK, do NOT take OTA
4- go S-ON if you really need to


so if your bootloader is now:
* untampered,
* LOCKED,
* and the ruu has been successfully installed.

you can go ahead and S-On your device.

.
17th May 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

As mentioned:
1- remove tampered set locked
2- run / flash ruu 1.28.401.7
3- boot up once to make sure everything is OK, do NOT take OTA
4- go S-ON if you really need to


so if your bootloader is now:
* untampered,
* LOCKED,
* and the ruu has been successfully installed.

you can go ahead and S-On your device.

.

All still LOCKED and installed RUU. So now S-OFF with the writebootflag 3 or what ever correct.
17th May 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #14  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969
 
5,986 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terros

All still LOCKED and installed RUU. So now S-OFF with the writebootflag 3 or what ever correct.

You mean S-On, right.

to go s-on: fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes