Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 40,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Could not setup Chromecast after factory reset

Tip us?

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRicolaa10 View Post
Problems are back again... Today I switched my Chromecast in another TV (Philips), again he saw no network, not recognisable. So resetted my Chromecast again but I can't get trough the setup process now, so I keep trying right now.

Edit:
Do you think to buy a new Chromecast to solve the problem?
It might be a WiFi connectivity issue, but it's sounding more like a hardware problem with the (Chromecast) unit itself...

If you can, I would pursue an RMA replacement with Google or a retailer exchange.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

extrem0
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Do you have more than one wifi access point running?
Sensation 4G // CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean by albinoman887

myTouch 4G [bad emmc&screen] // Dark Jelly Belly v.2 w/ Frosted Cherry Kernel -- sold

Milestone A853 // CyanogenMod 7.2.4e by kabaldan

TheRicolaa10
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I have in my bedroom a WiFi extender, but it's not running right now. So that is not the issue. I bought my Chromecast via a little webshop that at that time imported Chromecasts, because it was not available in Holland. So do I need to go to Google Play Devices or what? Or should I buy a new one?

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRicolaa10 View Post
I have in my bedroom a WiFi extender, but it's not running right now. So that is not the issue. I bought my Chromecast via a little webshop that at that time imported Chromecasts, because it was not available in Holland. So do I need to go to Google Play Devices or what? Or should I buy a new one?
Hmm, that's a tough one. The warranty is probably not valid outside of the country of original sale (ie, USA), so probably cost-prohibitive to get it exchanged in the US.

If a local shop has one that they are willing to let you test or exchange, that might be an option. If they let you test or exchange for another unit, you can determine if it's a problem with the specific Chromecast you have.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

TheRicolaa10
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I think I'm going to buy a new one. I did not manage to get trough the setup process after couples times of trying and resetting.. Grrrr...

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Problems which can occur during initial setup:
Phone/tablet connects to CC as the AP, which won't work.
Phone must operate on the 2.4ghz band during setup. Later you can again switch to 5ghz, thankfully.