Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Could not setup Chromecast after factory reset

OP TheRicolaa10

16th May 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 882

2,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRicolaa10

Problems are back again... Today I switched my Chromecast in another TV (Philips), again he saw no network, not recognisable. So resetted my Chromecast again but I can't get trough the setup process now, so I keep trying right now.

Edit:
Do you think to buy a new Chromecast to solve the problem?

It might be a WiFi connectivity issue, but it's sounding more like a hardware problem with the (Chromecast) unit itself...

If you can, I would pursue an RMA replacement with Google or a retailer exchange.
16th May 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 329

890 posts
Do you have more than one wifi access point running?
16th May 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #23  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
I have in my bedroom a WiFi extender, but it's not running right now. So that is not the issue. I bought my Chromecast via a little webshop that at that time imported Chromecasts, because it was not available in Holland. So do I need to go to Google Play Devices or what? Or should I buy a new one?
16th May 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 882

2,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRicolaa10

I have in my bedroom a WiFi extender, but it's not running right now. So that is not the issue. I bought my Chromecast via a little webshop that at that time imported Chromecasts, because it was not available in Holland. So do I need to go to Google Play Devices or what? Or should I buy a new one?

Hmm, that's a tough one. The warranty is probably not valid outside of the country of original sale (ie, USA), so probably cost-prohibitive to get it exchanged in the US.

If a local shop has one that they are willing to let you test or exchange, that might be an option. If they let you test or exchange for another unit, you can determine if it's a problem with the specific Chromecast you have.
17th May 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #25  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
I think I'm going to buy a new one. I did not manage to get trough the setup process after couples times of trying and resetting.. Grrrr...
17th May 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 21

307 posts
Problems which can occur during initial setup:
Phone/tablet connects to CC as the AP, which won't work.
Phone must operate on the 2.4ghz band during setup. Later you can again switch to 5ghz, thankfully.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread