FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

802 Benchmark scores have dropped

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By CyberTbag, Member on 17th May 2014, 10:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Since the upgrade to 4.4.2, My benchmark score have taken quite a big drop :/
Anyone else have this issue?
 
 
17th May 2014, 10:13 AM |#2  
Mobian's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Me too.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
17th May 2014, 10:14 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Chorley
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTbag

Since the upgrade to 4.4.2, My benchmark score have taken quite a big drop :/
Anyone else have this issue?

Everyone does. Basically, less 'cheating' is being done now by the phones. The scores on 4.4.2 are real scores without forced overclocking and such.

Or at least that is my understanding of it all. So no reason to worry.
17th May 2014, 10:20 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolder

Everyone does. Basically, less 'cheating' is being done now by the phones. The scores on 4.4.2 are real scores without forced overclocking and such.

Or at least that is my understanding of it all. So no reason to worry.

I always thought this phone would score a fair bit higher than the S4
I should mention that I'm not rooted, just on stock.

Also there is a listing for the LG G2 that is a lot higher :/

See attached picture.

Still love this phone regardless
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-17-10-18-05.png
Views:	53
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	2748327  
17th May 2014, 10:37 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Chorley
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTbag

I always thought this phone would score a fair bit higher than the S4
I should mention that I'm not rooted, just on stock.

Also there is a listing for the LG G2 that is a lot higher :/

See attached picture.

Still love this phone regardless

That could be a G2 that is on 4.2.2 or is overclocked, so don't read into that.

Samsung were called out for 'cheating' in benchmarks. Their phones automatically overclocked beyond the normal customer accessible levels basically when a test was run, to give the fake impression they were super powerful. So now manufacturers are stopping their cheating.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgolder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 10:59 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolder

That could be a G2 that is on 4.2.2 or is overclocked, so don't read into that.

Samsung were called out for 'cheating' in benchmarks. Their phones automatically overclocked beyond the normal customer accessible levels basically when a test was run, to give the fake impression they were super powerful. So now manufacturers are stopping their cheating.

Is there a link for the 16gb version 4.2.2 firmware? I can only find 4.4.2 :/
Many thanks for your help
17th May 2014, 01:53 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Out of curiosity I made test too.

Everything like from this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52705847

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with my phone ;C

EDIT: The SAME result I have on brother N4.... (exatcly 20,400)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-17-14-50-54.png
Views:	29
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	2748593  
Last edited by Colourkey; 17th May 2014 at 06:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes