Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alps Gt i9500 mt6572 3G problem (cannot lock on wdcma)

Tip us?

Marouaneleo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Alps Gt i9500 mt6572 3G problem (cannot lock on wdcma)

Hello everyone.
I have been searching for a solution for my problem for months but never found any.
My problem is that my phone cannot connect to 3g internet , i checked my apns , they are all right , only edge is working (wap).
when I go to the network settings and then mobile network , I try to change the network mode to GSM/WDCMA mode or WDCMA only mode but it just won't do it , it automatically goes back to gsm mode.
I opened mtk engeneering mode and went to the band mode settings , I find that only the gsm mode ( EGSM900 , GSM850) are checked , under it there is UMTS mode which contains the WDCMA but it has a grey color and I cannot tick it.

I also tried to change the modem.img file located in system/etc/firmware but it it won't let me as it says that the settings are read only
my modem.img file name is : modem_1_2g_n.img ( which aprooves what I'm saying 2g edge only)

I also tried to fool around with the Maui meta 3g tool but that was beyond my knowledge , it says that target load doesn't support 3g somthing like that.

Does my phone really support 3g ? I mean if there are settings It means that it does , and I don't think that it has only 2g because it's an s4 clone , I think that the problem is in the modem.img file , please help me , I really need this , I would have worked with edge only but for my carrier it only supports the 0.facebook , and I need internet on my phone.

I hope I have provided enough information. I will provide screen shots if needed.

Thank you in advance.

Marouaneleo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No answers :/
any experts here ??

Marouaneleo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My idea is try to put another modem named 1_wc_g.img inside the rom and reflash it ,but i dont know how to do that