Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Making the GNote as fast as possible?

OP hobs0n

17th May 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #1  
hobs0n's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Muppsala
Thanks Meter: 4
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Hello dear XDA peeps!

My Xperia Z just broke so Im back on my GNote1 and boy is it slow!

So my question is how to make it as fast and smooth as possible? What rom, what launcher and so on?
17th May 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs0n

Hello dear XDA peeps!

My Xperia Z just broke so Im back on my GNote1 and boy is it slow!

So my question is how to make it as fast and smooth as possible? What rom, what launcher and so on?

Asking for best rom is again XDA rules, If you are on stock rom and as you mentioned that it hasn't been used for a while, factory reset might help, if you don't like touchwiz, then flash KK rom of your choice after clean wipe, read thread for instructions on how to.
17th May 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
hobs0n's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Muppsala
Thanks Meter: 4
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk

Asking for best rom is again XDA rules, If you are on stock rom and as you mentioned that it hasn't been used for a while, factory reset might help, if you don't like touchwiz, then flash KK rom of your choice after clean wipe, read thread for instructions on how to.

Sorry, missed that rule about asking for a rom :/

I am running good old CM 9xxx. I was more asking if there are any known roms to be as lite as possible and a really light launcher.

Anyway, Im downloading latest CM now and Ill see how that perform I get the idea that latest CM isnt the most light, especially for old devices with only 1gb ram, am I wrong?
17th May 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs0n

Sorry, missed that rule about asking for a rom :/

I am running good old CM 9xxx. I was more asking if there are any known roms to be as lite as possible and a really light launcher.

Anyway, Im downloading latest CM now and Ill see how that perform I get the idea that latest CM isnt the most light, especially for old devices with only 1gb ram, am I wrong?

never used CM, so i might not be the right person to answer that. I have been using Omnirom and Asylum-omni rom both with fabulous performance and battery life.
17th May 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #5  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 12,229
 
15,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes