5,815,095 Members 38,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Making the GNote as fast as possible?

Tip us?

hobs0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Making the GNote as fast as possible?

Hello dear XDA peeps!

My Xperia Z just broke so Im back on my GNote1 and boy is it slow!

So my question is how to make it as fast and smooth as possible? What rom, what launcher and so on?
Xperia Z with Stock Rom (10.3.1.A.0.244], 32Gb Class 10 Samsung MicroSDHC.
Asus Infinity running CleanRom 3.2.1 Inheritance with 200DPI, browse2ram and a 32Gb Class 10 Samsung MicroSDHC
Great programs I cant live without:
Total Commander, Contact+, Nova Launcher, MultiLiveWallpaper, Quickpic, PowerAmp, Tubemate, Old Swedish Radio Play.

Connecting Sennheiser HD25-1 to both these devices is making my life wonderful!

treacherous_hawk
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs0n View Post
Hello dear XDA peeps!

My Xperia Z just broke so Im back on my GNote1 and boy is it slow!

So my question is how to make it as fast and smooth as possible? What rom, what launcher and so on?
Asking for best rom is again XDA rules, If you are on stock rom and as you mentioned that it hasn't been used for a while, factory reset might help, if you don't like touchwiz, then flash KK rom of your choice after clean wipe, read thread for instructions on how to.

hobs0n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk View Post
Asking for best rom is again XDA rules, If you are on stock rom and as you mentioned that it hasn't been used for a while, factory reset might help, if you don't like touchwiz, then flash KK rom of your choice after clean wipe, read thread for instructions on how to.
Sorry, missed that rule about asking for a rom :/

I am running good old CM 9xxx. I was more asking if there are any known roms to be as lite as possible and a really light launcher.

Anyway, Im downloading latest CM now and Ill see how that perform I get the idea that latest CM isnt the most light, especially for old devices with only 1gb ram, am I wrong?
Xperia Z with Stock Rom (10.3.1.A.0.244], 32Gb Class 10 Samsung MicroSDHC.
Asus Infinity running CleanRom 3.2.1 Inheritance with 200DPI, browse2ram and a 32Gb Class 10 Samsung MicroSDHC
Great programs I cant live without:
Total Commander, Contact+, Nova Launcher, MultiLiveWallpaper, Quickpic, PowerAmp, Tubemate, Old Swedish Radio Play.

Connecting Sennheiser HD25-1 to both these devices is making my life wonderful!

treacherous_hawk
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobs0n View Post
Sorry, missed that rule about asking for a rom :/

I am running good old CM 9xxx. I was more asking if there are any known roms to be as lite as possible and a really light launcher.

Anyway, Im downloading latest CM now and Ill see how that perform I get the idea that latest CM isnt the most light, especially for old devices with only 1gb ram, am I wrong?
never used CM, so i might not be the right person to answer that. I have been using Omnirom and Asylum-omni rom both with fabulous performance and battery life.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10,903

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe