Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Differences between S5 16GB & 32GB

Tip us?

Daddyoyah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterz View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to get an S5 (G900F) for my girlfriend and I was wondering if there are any differences between the 16GB and 32GB versions (except for the storage of course) ?

Will I be able to flash any ROM made for the G900F 16GB onto the 32GB version ? (as the partitions likely have different sizes...)
Is the 32GB S5 the same model (G900F) as the 16GB, or does it have another model number ?

Thank you,
It's more expensive!

tommy1945
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Info 2 Be careful, it could be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterz View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to get an S5 (G900F) for my girlfriend and I was wondering if there are any differences between the 16GB and 32GB versions (except for the storage of course) ?

Will I be able to flash any ROM made for the G900F 16GB onto the 32GB version ? (as the partitions likely have different sizes...)
Is the 32GB S5 the same model (G900F) as the 16GB, or does it have another model number ?

Thank you,
My SM G900S has 32 GB, and the disk aria is partitioned into 5 sectors. May be you can flash the same rom as for the 16 GB model, but some data and apps will be altered.
Anyway, I prefer the 32 version, since the OS and so take about 6 GB of the disk space.

About fakes: My phone is 100% original, but there are a lot of good fakes - most of them with 16 GB. So be careful when buying.
Tags
16gb, 32gb