Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CC and a Bus Pirate w/UART

Tip us?

rekids
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default CC and a Bus Pirate w/UART

Been working on a project on the boot up sequence of the CC using a Bus Pirate and UART connections.

Unfortunately just got the Bus Pirate and possibly a bad CC that is bricked so not getting any result that is positive.

If you have used a BP on a CC and recurved any kind of good log would love to know how you set it up and if it was doable with only the TX pad and ground on the CC as well as what you got for a data log at boot up.

Maybe then I can find out if it's bricked or just a bad NAND ect.

1080xt 4.4

bisbal
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekids View Post
Been working on a project on the boot up sequence of the CC using a Bus Pirate and UART connections.

Unfortunately just got the Bus Pirate and possibly a bad CC that is bricked so not getting any result that is positive.

If you have used a BP on a CC and recurved any kind of good log would love to know how you set it up and if it was doable with only the TX pad and ground on the CC as well as what you got for a data log at boot up.

Maybe then I can find out if it's bricked or just a bad NAND ect.

1080xt 4.4
Where is the serial port? I could check myself... (I should google that myself but i am in a meeting and later I have to rush somewhere else, I donta want to forget )

rekids
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
UART connections are here http://wiki.gtvhacker.com/index.php/Google_Chromecast

Let me know what kind results you get. Got bad feeling my is bricked or bad NAND both LEDs are on when powered up. Also may be just bad connection on NAND.

You can pm me with results

1080xt 4.4

rekids
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Thanks for the input from those who sent info via pm and here. The TX on the CC and ground are all that is required to see the boot up info. All settings are posted at GTV and recommend using PuTTy to get valid data other terminals seam to not display correctly after start up.

1080xt 4.4