Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 48,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DNA KK 4.4.2 Update Frozen/Problems

Tip us?

mjondle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] DNA KK 4.4.2 Update Frozen/Problems

I just got the update for Kit Kat on my DNA and started the upload. It has sat there at about 20% complete for over 45 minutes. I pushed the volume up an power buttons to bring up the log and this is what it says:

Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
Installing update
Warning: No file_contextsPreparing wr_bin tool
Preparing recovery.zip
Running wr_bin tool

Can someone please help me?

WestTexasCoder
Old
(Last edited by WestTexasCoder; 12th May 2014 at 05:56 PM.) Reason: Found new information
Thanks Meter 1
Default Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjondle View Post
I just got the update for Kit Kat on my DNA and started the upload. It has sat there at about 20% complete for over 45 minutes. I pushed the volume up an power buttons to bring up the log and this is what it says:

Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
Installing update
Warning: No file_contextsPreparing wr_bin tool
Preparing recovery.zip
Running wr_bin tool

Can someone please help me?

I'm currently running a custom rom, so as far as the update actually goes i'm not too sure. The only advice i can give is to wait for a little longer. If nothing, then you might need to pop out your SIM card and download update via wifi. That's all the advice I can give. i'll do some research and get back to you on that!
EDIT:
Just to verify, you had TWO updates before this installation began right? one 18.3MB file then a 618.0MB, correct?

TR1PW1R3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile 4.4.2 OTA broke blinkfeed

I have an issue to where I did the OTA update to 4.4.2 and I did a factory reset through 2 different ways and now my BlinkFeed is nonexistent. I was wondering if there is a RUU for Verizon for the 4.4.2 update so I can just reset it that way because it seems the BlinkFeed files are corrupted or missing. Thanks.

mjondle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasCoder View Post
I'm currently running a custom rom, so as far as the update actually goes i'm not too sure. The only advice i can give is to wait for a little longer. If nothing, then you might need to pop out your SIM card and download update via wifi. That's all the advice I can give. i'll do some research and get back to you on that!
EDIT:
Just to verify, you had TWO updates before this installation began right? one 18.3MB file then a 618.0MB, correct?
Yes, there were supposed to be 2 updates but this is freezing on the first one. It's actually my wife's phone and we let it sit for awhile the day I first posted and it never did update. It restarted and worked as normal but it keeps wanting to update the software. We're trying again right now but it looks like it is stuck again.