Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA Update Gives more Bloatware

Tip us?

cocinci
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
You think the bootloader is gonna be unlocked? LMAO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You obviously didn't understand what I said.

davew41
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDizzle329 View Post
Same thing here, I got out of the shower this morning and my phone was updating. My whole experience with this phone has left a really bad taste in my mouth. I used to be a huge fan of iOS. I had the original iPhone, the 3GS, and the 4, but I got so sick and tired playing whole jailbreak game. I had gotten the Acer A500 Iconia tablet and Android started to grow on me. When the Galaxy S3 came out I snatched it up right away, and I LOVED that phone the whole time I had it. I wasn't the biggest fan of TouchWiz, but it didn't matter because I COULD LOAD WHATEVER I WANTED ON IT. I didn't follow the saga of the S4 bootloader and I really regret not doing my homework. I know this is very over dramatic, but every time I look at my phone I just feel cheated and stuck with a piece of crap.

This automatic update BS really pissed me off too. What the hell gives AT&T the right (besides the fine print in the contract I signed ) to make modifications to a device that I own without my permission. I would switch carriers, but the service on other carriers is crap. I considered getting the M8, but I just couldn't get over how horrible the camera is. I'm not a photographer by any means, but a 4MP camera is pathetic. It's not often that I need a high quality image, or to crop an image to my liking, but it has happened. I loved the Nexus phones, but it's so hard to find good devices not that have an SD card slot. I am not getting stuck with a device that will run out of storage one day. The only thing I can try to do is get a T-Mobile version. I just feel so disappointed though, getting a new toy is supposed to be enjoyable.
If you already HAVE AT&T straight talk will work for you in your area, as Straight Talk uses at&t towers, you can sell your S5 on Maxback.com like I just did for 450$ in exc shape.. and then get a 32 gig nexus 5 and not have to put up with the carrier CRAP anymore. and the phone will actually be cheaper.. $399 for a 32 GIG nexus 5 on google play store under devices. dont try to get it on amazon its way more expensive..

My nexus 5 will be here Monday by 3 pm and I have one more S5 to sell to maxback.com and then ill order another nexus 5 so I will profit of $250.00 per phone and then instead of paying about 65$ each month for AT&T, I pay only $48.97 with tax getting a straight talk service monthly using the SAME ATT towers

I was paying over $65 a month for and straight talk just upped it to 3 gig of data per person.. which to me is not even an issue as i stay on wifi most of the time..

Im done with carrier phones and i think its stupid for any of us to be with a carrier with the crap they put on the services, I from here on out will only own google devices or google play edition unlocked.. Screw AT&T Verizon T-Mobile. and the worst SPRINT...