System updates is not available.

Search This thread

AKShotgun

Jul 18, 2012
Ohio
When going to do the KitKat update after freshly sbf'ing to stock I am greeted with a prompt(when I go to settings>about phone>system update) that says the following; "System updates is not available without a Motorola service account". It asks me if I want to set up an account and when I try it just has a spinning circle that never goes away. I am on 9.30.1. I have tried a factory reset multiple times with no success. Any ideas on a fix?

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Perhaps someone will pull the official update from their cache and you could apply in the same manner as the soak test leak

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

AKShotgun

Jul 18, 2012
Ohio
Perhaps someone will pull the official update from their cache and you could apply in the same manner as the soak test leak

Someone else has the same exact problem at the moment. I'm thinking its a problem with motorolas servers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thewraith420

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Look over in the development section. Someone has posted the update.zip if your somewhat technically inclined it's not too bad to install

dcviper

Apr 4, 2011
Someone else has the same exact problem at the moment. I'm thinking its a problem with motorolas servers

I do! I even had the phone into the Verizon store today and they played with it for about an hour (near as I can tell, they didn't do anything I hadn't already tried). The consensus was that I needed a new phone, so they are going to overnight a new phone out to me.

AKShotgun

Jul 18, 2012
Ohio
I do! I even had the phone into the Verizon store today and they played with it for about an hour (near as I can tell, they didn't do anything I hadn't already tried). The consensus was that I needed a new phone, so they are going to overnight a new phone out to me.

Really?!?! That's a little excessive. I really think its just a problem on Motorola's end if everyone is suddenly getting this problem.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AKShotgun

Jul 18, 2012
Ohio
Mine now said there is an update available so I hit download and nothing happened. Nothing downloaded. :( I want my KK

AKShotgun

Jul 18, 2012
Ohio
Okay I have bad news. I just got off the phone with a tech support agent at Motorola. They asked for my IMEI, I gave it to them and they told me they could tell i was rooted(which is funny because I'M ACTUALLY NOT ) and that the Motorola servers don't push updates to rooted phones. makes me question a lot because when i was actually rooted i got the update, but now that i'm not i don't? This is a mess. I just want my update.

razor411

Dec 7, 2011
Okay I have bad news. I just got off the phone with a tech support agent at Motorola. They asked for my IMEI, I gave it to them and they told me they could tell i was rooted(which is funny because I'M ACTUALLY NOT ) and that the Motorola servers don't push updates to rooted phones. makes me question a lot because when i was actually rooted i got the update, but now that i'm not i don't? This is a mess. I just want my update.

Well after that post I just unrooted my phone and voila...the "Update not available" Message ist gone and now I get an "your phone is up to date..." message.....God damnit

Top Liked Posts