Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble installing KitKat 9.18.94

Tip us?

jimmalachi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
All you need to do is flash CWM and then find a sideloadable SU package to sideload under CWM. That's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabuelsamid View Post
Sorry, that should have read NOW rooted. CWM worked fine as did Koush's superuser
I'm unlocked and newly updated to KK yesterday. Now I'm trying to get root. I have dhacker's file and SuperSu.zip ready to go. I just don't know how to flash CWM, though. Can y'all help me?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmalachi View Post
I'm unlocked and newly updated to KK yesterday. Now I'm trying to get root. I have dhacker's file and SuperSu.zip ready to go. I just don't know how to flash CWM, though. Can y'all help me?
get flashify from the market, put cwm and su files on your sd card, use flashify to install cwm, boot into recovery and flash the su.zip, re-boot, grab a su app from the market, update the binaries, Profit.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimmalachi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
get flashify from the market, put cwm and su files on your sd card, use flashify to install cwm, boot into recovery and flash the su.zip, re-boot, grab a su app from the market, update the binaries, Profit.
That's the thing, I'm not rooted yet. I tried Flashify but it just tells me that I don't have root and then quits.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
That's the thing, I'm not rooted yet. I tried Flashify but it just tells me that I don't have root and then quits.
ahh, my bad, let me see what else i can dig up.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmh714
Old
(Last edited by cmh714; 16th May 2014 at 11:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_image_file_here
unplug usb
then boot into cwm and from in there flash supersu which needs to be on the sdcard

good luck.

jimmalachi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714 View Post
fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_image_file_here
unplug usb
then boot into cwm and from in there flash supersu which needs to be on the sdcard

good luck.
I guess my real question is about setting up/using fastboot. I mean, before typing in the two lines that dhacker put up in his CWM post.

Any idea if this will work for me?

cmh714
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I guess my real question is about setting up/using fastboot. I mean, before typing in the two lines that dhacker put up in his CWM post.

Any idea if this will work for me?
Yes That should work....but my guess would be you already have fastboot someplace. If you ever used HouseofMoto or any of Matts utilities, not sure if RSD has fastboot.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 407
i have a recovery flashing script i maintain for the dev, but when i put in the new kk files its not working. if i get it fixed, ill post it to make this easier.

jimmalachi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
i have a recovery flashing script i maintain for the dev, but when i put in the new kk files its not working. if i get it fixed, ill post it to make this easier.
FYI I went ahead and adb/fastbooted it myself. Everything went swimmingly. I guess I should've learned about all this before I decided to take the leap and unlock/root my phone in the first place.

Zlynt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabuelsamid View Post
Bad news. I flashed that one from recovery and it put my phone into a boot loop

Time to start over from scratch
Hello,

Mine is doing the same thing - in a boot loop. Did you find a way to fix it? If so could you post the steps?

Tags
xt926 kitkat