[Q] Trouble installing KitKat 9.18.94

OP samabuelsamid

16th May 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

All you need to do is flash CWM and then find a sideloadable SU package to sideload under CWM. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabuelsamid

Sorry, that should have read NOW rooted. CWM worked fine as did Koush's superuser

I'm unlocked and newly updated to KK yesterday. Now I'm trying to get root. I have dhacker's file and SuperSu.zip ready to go. I just don't know how to flash CWM, though. Can y'all help me?
16th May 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 675

1,597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmalachi

I'm unlocked and newly updated to KK yesterday. Now I'm trying to get root. I have dhacker's file and SuperSu.zip ready to go. I just don't know how to flash CWM, though. Can y'all help me?

get flashify from the market, put cwm and su files on your sd card, use flashify to install cwm, boot into recovery and flash the su.zip, re-boot, grab a su app from the market, update the binaries, Profit.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #23  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

get flashify from the market, put cwm and su files on your sd card, use flashify to install cwm, boot into recovery and flash the su.zip, re-boot, grab a su app from the market, update the binaries, Profit.

That's the thing, I'm not rooted yet. I tried Flashify but it just tells me that I don't have root and then quits.
16th May 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #24  

1,597 posts
More
Quote:

That's the thing, I'm not rooted yet. I tried Flashify but it just tells me that I don't have root and then quits.

ahh, my bad, let me see what else i can dig up.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
Quote:

fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_image_file_here
unplug usb
then boot into cwm and from in there flash supersu which needs to be on the sdcard

good luck.
Last edited by cmh714; 16th May 2014 at 11:50 PM.
17th May 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #26  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714

fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_image_file_here
unplug usb
then boot into cwm and from in there flash supersu which needs to be on the sdcard

good luck.

I guess my real question is about setting up/using fastboot. I mean, before typing in the two lines that dhacker put up in his CWM post.

Any idea if this will work for me?
17th May 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
Quote:

I guess my real question is about setting up/using fastboot. I mean, before typing in the two lines that dhacker put up in his CWM post.

Any idea if this will work for me?

Yes That should work....but my guess would be you already have fastboot someplace. If you ever used HouseofMoto or any of Matts utilities, not sure if RSD has fastboot.
17th May 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #28  

1,597 posts
More
i have a recovery flashing script i maintain for the dev, but when i put in the new kk files its not working. if i get it fixed, ill post it to make this easier.
17th May 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #29  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

i have a recovery flashing script i maintain for the dev, but when i put in the new kk files its not working. if i get it fixed, ill post it to make this easier.

FYI I went ahead and adb/fastbooted it myself. Everything went swimmingly. I guess I should've learned about all this before I decided to take the leap and unlock/root my phone in the first place.
17th May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabuelsamid

Bad news. I flashed that one from recovery and it put my phone into a boot loop

Time to start over from scratch

Hello,

Mine is doing the same thing - in a boot loop. Did you find a way to fix it? If so could you post the steps?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xt926 kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread