Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bricked -i747.

Tip us?

ghjsdf9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] bricked -i747.

i tried to upgrade my s3 i accidentally falshed with correpted file('i renamed the file .mb5 to .tar) it stuck and showing that needed to connect kies
.. and kies not detecting my device and it wont boot into recovery mode but after search i rooted again through cf auto root and then it can enter into recovery mode is it bricked/not what happend to my device currently it can enter into both recovery &download mode ......

pls help me with this

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjsdf9 View Post
i tried to upgrade my s3 i accidentally falshed with correpted file('i renamed the file .mb5 to .tar) it stuck and showing that needed to connect kies
.. and kies not detecting my device and it wont boot into recovery mode but after search i rooted again through cf auto root and then it can enter into recovery mode is it bricked/not what happend to my device currently it can enter into both recovery &download mode ......

pls help me with this
Welcome to the forum! Your phone's hardly bricked if you can get to download and recovery modes. Flashing the correct (stock) firmware should get you back to working conditions. What Android version were you on prior to it being stuck and what were you trying to upgrade to?

ghjsdf9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Your phone's hardly bricked if you can get to download and recovery modes. Flashing the correct (stock) firmware should get you back to working conditions. What Android version were you on prior to it being stuck and what were you trying to upgrade to?
THANKS FOR WELCOME PARTY:
and for the rly tooo.
i can get into both download mode as well as recovery mode ..... i'm not clear with my phones model-in odin mode it showing "PRODUCT NAME:-SGH-I747M" on starting it is running 4.1.2 (zsemc1) version i am not clear with baseband etc.

and i'm not clear with supported varient versions when i flashed with different version in odin mode it showing differnt causes for different version
ex: "unsupported dev type","secure check fail sb12",securechech fail aboot" for three different versions

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
THANKS FOR WELCOME PARTY:
and for the rly tooo.
i can get into both download mode as well as recovery mode ..... i'm not clear with my phones model-in odin mode it showing "PRODUCT NAME:-SGH-I747M" on starting it is running 4.1.2 (zsemc1) version i am not clear with baseband etc.

and i'm not clear with supported varient versions when i flashed with different version in odin mode it showing differnt causes for different version
ex: "unsupported dev type","secure check fail sb12",securechech fail aboot" for three different versions
i747M is for the Canadian and Mexican variants. If you were on stock 4.1.2, you should be able to Odin back to stock 4.1.1 or upgrade to 4.3 via custom recovery. You can go to the thread below to check the correct stock image for your phone based on carrier. Make sure you use the correct image as flashing the wrong version could hard brick your phone. Download to your PC and then flash. If you select the 4.3 version, you would need to flash custom recovery to your phone via Odin, save the file to a (micro) SD card and then flash via custom recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1739426

Let me know if this works for you.

ghjsdf9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i747M is for the Canadian and Mexican variants. If you were on stock 4.1.2, you should be able to Odin back to stock 4.1.1 or upgrade to 4.3 via custom recovery. You can go to the thread below to check the correct stock image for your phone based on carrier. Make sure you use the correct image as flashing the wrong version could hard brick your phone. Download to your PC and then flash. If you select the 4.3 version, you would need to flash custom recovery to your phone via Odin, save the file to a (micro) SD card and then flash via custom recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1739426

Let me know if this works for you.
i'm Asian it worked for local networks before bricked so i'm not clear with choosing in versions... ["help me with it"]

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
i'm Asian it worked for local networks before bricked so i'm not clear with choosing in versions... ["help me with it"]
If we are going to flash a stock ROM, we would need to flash the correct version as there is risk of a worse brick if we flash the wrong one. When the phone was working normally, the old network would probably be showing during booting. If you got it from abroad, please check if you can get the information from the previous owner. If there is no way of telling the correct firmware, then you can flash custom recovery to the phone and try flashing a custom ROM via recovery. It's always tidier flashing a custom ROM to a device functioning normally but, unless we can be sure of the correct stock firmware to flash, your options may be limited.

ghjsdf9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If we are going to flash a stock ROM, we would need to flash the correct version as there is risk of a worse brick if we flash the wrong one. When the phone was working normally, the old network would probably be showing during booting. If you got it from abroad, please check if you can get the information from the previous owner. If there is no way of telling the correct firmware, then you can flash custom recovery to the phone and try flashing a custom ROM via recovery. It's always tidier flashing a custom ROM to a device functioning normally but, unless we can be sure of the correct stock firmware to flash, your options may be limited.
and finally i found the correct version and when tried to flash through odin i came across this problem

it stuck at "initialization..." [more than hour..] help pls......

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
and finally i found the correct version and when tried to flash through odin i came across this problem

it stuck at "initialization..." [more than hour..] help pls......
Sounds like a partition problem. Please let me know the firmware version you are trying to flash.

ghjsdf9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sounds like a partition problem. Please let me know the firmware version you are trying to flash.
it's version 4.3(I747MVLUEND2_I747MOYBEND2_SPC) at sammobiles.com............

and once "i tried with pit file by marking re partition" will this effect ??????????????

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
it's version 4.3(I747MVLUEND2_I747MOYBEND2_SPC) at sammobiles.com............

and once "i tried with pit file by marking re partition" will this effect ??????????????
I've seen this particular problem reported several times and it's always been a problem with the pit file. Flashing a complete stock system should fix all partition problems though. If the stock file you are using is an Odin flashable file, you may try using Odin 3.09. Otherwise, I'd suggest you find a recovery flashable image and flash via (custom) recovery.