Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ting supports SPH-l720 as BYOD officially as of 20140430.!

Tip us?
 
kozmo2k4
Old
(Last edited by kozmo2k4; 5th May 2014 at 05:39 AM.)
#1  
kozmo2k4's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 250
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nature Coast, Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Ting supports SPH-l720 as BYOD officially as of 20140430.!

I just wanted to share with everyone here, that as of today, April 30th 2014, Ting.com (a Sprint MNVO) allows the Galaxy S4 SPH-l720 to Bring as Your Own Device (BYOD)!
This has been a long time coming, but it is finally here!!!
So for those that have been holding off, now there is no more reasons to wait.
And who is ready to part with the "$print bill" and save a nice chunk$, go for it...
If you ready to switch and would like save $20, you can use my referral: https://z3hthg1gbj3.ting.com/
Cheers!
./b
SPH-l720: Stock (NAE) 4.4.2 rooted
Epic 4GT (wifey): Re-calked GB27
Asus TF300T: CM11 with XBMC 13.1
NOOK Color: CM11 (µSD Card)
mBox MX2: MX Linux XBMC 13.1
MK808: Finless1.7c Android 4.1.1 with XBMC 13.1
Chromecast: Team Eureka 16664.004
XBox Original: EvolutionX with XBMC 3.3.3
SPH-M900 Ubermoment (DJ07) as music player

... Just sayin'
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo2k4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
al16000
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 21
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo2k4 View Post
I just wanted to share with everyone here, that as of today, April 30th 2014, Ting.com (a Sprint MNVO) allows the Galaxy S4 SPH-l720 to Bring as Your Own Device (BYOD)!
This has been a long time coming, but it is finally here!!!
So for those that have been holding off, now there is no more reasons to wait.
And who is ready to part with the "$print bill" and save a nice chunk$, go for it...
If you ready to switch and would like save $20, you can use my referral: https://z3hthg1gbj3.ting.com/
Cheers!
./b
I just switched from an s3 on Ting to an s4. It was as simple as inputting the ESN and then following 2 or 3 instructions. It's working great! Love the speed improvements over the s3. Just as an FYI for those considering the switch, we only pay $30 for 2 cell phones (get 500 minutes, 1000 texts, 100mb of data - enough for checking email, shopping list, getting directions from Google maps when 'needed.') Their customer service is stellar too.
 
kaoss_11
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 64
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by al16000 View Post
I just switched from an s3 on Ting to an s4. It was as simple as inputting the ESN and then following 2 or 3 instructions. It's working great! Love the speed improvements over the s3. Just as an FYI for those considering the switch, we only pay $30 for 2 cell phones (get 500 minutes, 1000 texts, 100mb of data - enough for checking email, shopping list, getting directions from Google maps when 'needed.') Their customer service is stellar too.

I actually looked into using ting but after doing the calculations it would cost more than my current sprint plan.

TIng only works for those that are casual users. Heavy users like myself, it wont work out cheaper.
 
againareku
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 162
Join Date: May 2011
Does ting work with a bad esn sprint phone? I know cricket and page do..but ting would involve no flashing.
 
MCL1981
Old
#5  
MCL1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 318
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
I ported my S4 over last weekend. Flawless, took a few minutes on the website and about 2 hours for the port to complete. Purchased a refurb S3 for my Mom and added that to my Ting account. And ported my sister's iPhone. All three of us a about half the price of what used to be just two of us on Sprint.


Quote:
Originally Posted by againareku View Post
Does ting work with a bad esn sprint phone? I know cricket and page do..but ting would involve no flashing.
No
Galaxy S4 using TING on the Sprint Almost "Now" Network
- Negalite KitKat NAE
- TWRP Recovery
- 16016 PRL for full high speed 3G while roaming!
- Google Everything. It runs my life. It's my bitch. Or I'm google's bitch. Maybe both.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes