Post Reply

They Changed The Jump! Program?

19th April 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
I talked to T-Mobile and they say they don't offer the 6 months trade in option anymore. Now you have to have half the phone paid off before you can trade in! WTF?
19th April 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #2  
Corwinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Altamont, KS
Thanks Meter: 43
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

I talked to T-Mobile and they say they don't offer the 6 months trade in option anymore. Now you have to have half the phone paid off before you can trade in! WTF?

Which I think is bs. You pay off half the bill on your current phone and then get a new phone only to start all over on payments and you have to make a downpayment.
19th April 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwinder

Which I think is bs. You pay off half the bill on your current phone and then get a new phone only to start all over on payments and you have to make a downpayment.

Yeah I was about to join Jump to get a S5 then move to another device in the Fall/Winter. Now They charge $660 for the phone and the payments are $27.50 a month, so after 6 months I'd still owe almost $500. It would take over a year to get it to half what the phone costs. Then they only wanted to offer me $165 for my S4 lol. Jump was a good deal for those who got grandfathered in, but I'm never joining it now. I'll continue to buy my phones outright off Craigslist.
19th April 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #4  
Corwinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Altamont, KS
Thanks Meter: 43
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

Yeah I was about to join Jump to get a S5 then move to another device in the Fall/Winter. Now They charge $660 for the phone and the payments are $27.50 a month, so after 6 months I'd still owe almost $500. It would take over a year to get it to half what the phone costs. Then they only wanted to offer me $165 for my S4 lol. Jump was a good deal for those who got grandfathered in, but I'm never joining it now. I'll continue to buy my phones outright off Craigslist.

Yeah, I've been with T-Mobile since January 2013. I buy phones outright too. This year we went with S4s and they only offered $50 for our S2s. My oldest son now has my S2. You can't get an S2 in as good a shape as mine is off of Ebay for $50 and that's all they offered? Then go look and see how much an S2 refurbished sells for off T-Mobile. I love my S4 but if I upgrade either a family member will get it or I'll sell it myself.
17th May 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #5  
Michael Hill's Avatar
Member
Manata
Thanks Meter: 5
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Yeah I was about to join Jump to get a S5 then move to another device in the Fall/Winter.
It would take over a year to get it to half what the phone costs. Jump was a good deal for
those who got grandfathered in, but I'm never joining it now. I'll continue to buy my phones
with classified add site.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4 General by ThreadRank