Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 51,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

They Changed The Jump! Program?

Tip us?

BoboBrazil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default They Changed The Jump! Program?

I talked to T-Mobile and they say they don't offer the 6 months trade in option anymore. Now you have to have half the phone paid off before you can trade in! WTF?

Corwinder
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboBrazil View Post
I talked to T-Mobile and they say they don't offer the 6 months trade in option anymore. Now you have to have half the phone paid off before you can trade in! WTF?
Which I think is bs. You pay off half the bill on your current phone and then get a new phone only to start all over on payments and you have to make a downpayment.

BoboBrazil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwinder View Post
Which I think is bs. You pay off half the bill on your current phone and then get a new phone only to start all over on payments and you have to make a downpayment.
Yeah I was about to join Jump to get a S5 then move to another device in the Fall/Winter. Now They charge $660 for the phone and the payments are $27.50 a month, so after 6 months I'd still owe almost $500. It would take over a year to get it to half what the phone costs. Then they only wanted to offer me $165 for my S4 lol. Jump was a good deal for those who got grandfathered in, but I'm never joining it now. I'll continue to buy my phones outright off Craigslist.

Corwinder
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboBrazil View Post
Yeah I was about to join Jump to get a S5 then move to another device in the Fall/Winter. Now They charge $660 for the phone and the payments are $27.50 a month, so after 6 months I'd still owe almost $500. It would take over a year to get it to half what the phone costs. Then they only wanted to offer me $165 for my S4 lol. Jump was a good deal for those who got grandfathered in, but I'm never joining it now. I'll continue to buy my phones outright off Craigslist.
Yeah, I've been with T-Mobile since January 2013. I buy phones outright too. This year we went with S4s and they only offered $50 for our S2s. My oldest son now has my S2. You can't get an S2 in as good a shape as mine is off of Ebay for $50 and that's all they offered? Then go look and see how much an S2 refurbished sells for off T-Mobile. I love my S4 but if I upgrade either a family member will get it or I'll sell it myself.

Michael Hill
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yeah I was about to join Jump to get a S5 then move to another device in the Fall/Winter.
It would take over a year to get it to half what the phone costs. Jump was a good deal for
those who got grandfathered in, but I'm never joining it now. I'll continue to buy my phones
with classified add site.