[Q]Not sure whether my Nexus is hard bricked or volume down button not working

15th May 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
Good day, guys. This is my first thread here, and it's safe to say that I'm a total noob when it comes to Nexus devices. This is my second Nexus device, and it's kinda heartbreaking that I accidentally bricked it on the second day of usage. What happened was that I flashed XenonHD ROM on it (did the usual wipes before doing so). It booted successfully, but after that whole finishing start-up screen before going to lockscreen, it reboots and repeats the process. So I attempted to go back to recovery via bootloader (CWM v6.0.4.3) to restore my back-up, but then it just got stuck at the recovery screen without any menus or options for about 2 minutes and then rebooted itself and went back to the same screen (cwm without any menus or options). And now, it's stuck there (the whole process which I now call recovery loop) whenever I power on my device and the only way to shut it off is by pressing and holding the volume up button. PS, I cannot access the bootloader after this happened. Whenever I try to, it just goes to what (from what I've read over and over from a lot of different forums and guides) people call APX mode. But they say that the only way to access that mode is if I press power-volume up simultaneously.

So my question is, is my nexus hard bricked (or any kind of bricked), or do I just need to have the physical button module replaced? If it is bricked, is there anyway I can fix this myself? Is there a process that I need to follow to undo this? I have searched far and wide, but it seems that the only way to unbrick this is if I can access the bootloader and go to fastboot mode, which I cannot at the moment.

Please, someone help me.
16th May 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have same problem after flash xenon rom.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th May 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83

329 posts
More
I think as long as you can't access the boot loader then you are up a creek. You are not powering off by pressing vol up you are entering apx mode the fact that you are getting apx mode and not the bootloader tells me you have a corrupted bootloader. Your nexus is dead and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm not sure what has caused this I think you have just been unfortunate. The only way to revive your nexus is either if you had backed up the bootloader using the nv flatline procedure but I think its clear you haven't the other option is a new motherboard they are not too expensive on ebay

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread