Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocking LG G2 for verizon?

Tip us?

asnawaz23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Hi guys.. Hoping much to get your expert opinion.. I live outside USA and got a Verizon G2 as a gift. When I turned on the phone it asked to select the language which then further proceeds to set up but since it cannot connect to Verizon server , it just keeps searching and then routes to emergency calls only.mode.. Tried to insert the local Sim but its not recognizing it.
I have seen you guys talking about having it factory unlocked out of the box but this doesn't .. Please help the brother out

PS. I am a layman so kindly use digestible method.

kude87
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnawaz23 View Post
Hi guys.. Hoping much to get your expert opinion.. I live outside USA and got a Verizon G2 as a gift. When I turned on the phone it asked to select the language which then further proceeds to set up but since it cannot connect to Verizon server , it just keeps searching and then routes to emergency calls only.mode.. Tried to insert the local Sim but its not recognizing it.
I have seen you guys talking about having it factory unlocked out of the box but this doesn't .. Please help the brother out

PS. I am a layman so kindly use digestible method.
I think you have to go into your network settings and change your API's to match your network you intend to use. That carrier should supply those if you call them.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

deny_kei
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It works for me i lived in asia. Cdma and gsm both work. But for cdma i have to inject the number and i also plug the gsm sim card incase there is no signal i can easly switch to gsm provider.

VS980 Verizon