Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Someone please clarify!

Tip us?
 
Franteeko
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 127
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Someone please clarify!

So I've been pouring over this board for a few days now and I'm having a hard time finding accurate information that pertains to me.

Heres what I've got:

xt907 - Bootloader Unlocked, TWRP Custom Recovery, Rooted with some bloat removed.

System Version - 98.16.3.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Now, I cant seem to find any instructions on how to update to Kitkat. There seems to be 10 different methods for getting the 4.4 OTA onto the phone but I cant find one that I'm confident in doing. It seems like there are two different OTA depending on which JB version you're on.

Does anyone have the OTA files that I need and some instructions on what I need to do to successfully flash over to it?

I read that this update re-locks bootloader. I also read that it didnt...

Help! Thanks everyone =D
 
ATTACK
Old
#2  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1427
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franteeko View Post
So I've been pouring over this board for a few days now and I'm having a hard time finding accurate information that pertains to me.

Heres what I've got:

xt907 - Bootloader Unlocked, TWRP Custom Recovery, Rooted with some bloat removed.

System Version - 98.16.3.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Now, I cant seem to find any instructions on how to update to Kitkat. There seems to be 10 different methods for getting the 4.4 OTA onto the phone but I cant find one that I'm confident in doing. It seems like there are two different OTA depending on which JB version you're on.

Does anyone have the OTA files that I need and some instructions on what I need to do to successfully flash over to it?

I read that this update re-locks bootloader. I also read that it didnt...

Help! Thanks everyone =D
OTA's DO NOT RE-LOCK BOOTLOADERS.
Use the FXZ in the development section to update to 4.4.2.
~$ locate Dev-Host
/public/ATTACK/myfiles/d-h.st
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Franteeko
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 127
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK View Post
OTA's DO NOT RE-LOCK BOOTLOADERS.
Use the FXZ in the development section to update to 4.4.2.
Thank you! The instructions for this process are a little tough for me to understand. Is there just one XML that needs to be flashed using RSD Lite? I was reading on some of the posts that the XML needed to be modified before I flashed.

Do I need to be on stock recovery or flash to stock JB before I do this?

Also, I've never used RSD Lite. Is it a pretty striaghforward program? I cant seem to find which version is the most recent one and where I can download it.
 
ATTACK
Old
#4  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1427
Posts: 1,064
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franteeko View Post
Thank you! The instructions for this process are a little tough for me to understand. Is there just one XML that needs to be flashed using RSD Lite? I was reading on some of the posts that the XML needed to be modified before I flashed.

Do I need to be on stock recovery or flash to stock JB before I do this?

Also, I've never used RSD Lite. Is it a pretty striaghforward program? I cant seem to find which version is the most recent one and where I can download it.
RSD Lite is really easy to use, It's literally 2 buttons. 1 to locate the FXZ and 1 to start the process. You dont need to be stock or anything to flash a FXZ and FXZ's are more then a xml file, It's the complete system. As far as editing the .xml... I dont see a need to do that. I never do it.

RSDLite
~$ locate Dev-Host
/public/ATTACK/myfiles/d-h.st
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes