View Poll Results: How were the results of using this trick? Did it help you ?
This is FABULOUS! Definitely worth being a sticky! 1 100.00%
This was fine. Made things a bit better. 0 0%
It helped me a lot ! One of the best on xda 0 0%
I'm not sure. 0 0%
I didn't use this trick. I prefer flashing. 0 0%
I didn't like it at all. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

[GUIDE] Changing your status bar and other system apps without flashing or using CWM.

OP Atishay Jain

6th May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Agra
Thanks Meter: 58

271 posts
More
Hi everyone.
Today I'm posting a method to change your status bar, dialer, contacts or any other system app with a custom app that's usually more beautiful and works better. This method, as for me, is much safer than flashing. Also I'd recommend this if you want to avoid the chances of a person at the service center (if you brick your device while flashing a new Rom) detecting that your phone's rooted by finding the recovery installed.

BEFORE I POST THE TRICKS I'LL HAVE TO WARN YOU, AS A FORMALITY THAT ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE IN ANY WAY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DUE TO THIS POST SHALL BE SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.READ ANY FURTHER ONLY IF YOU AGREE TO THIS.

Why would anyone want to use this method ?
Because the flashing method didn't work or maybe coz it bricked your phone. You might also want to try the lucky patcher method out if you don't want to install CWM or just for an adventure Here's how you do it :
1. First, download the given zip file or the file/folder which has your required SystemUI.apk.
2. Extract the systemui.apk in the zip to ur sd card.
3. Backup ur rom (just in case) and also backup the status bar app using titanium backup (preferred) or copy SystemUI.apk n SystemUI.odex to any location on ur sdcard.
4. Force close status bar/ the system app using defaulttask manager.
[Optional]
5. Use any app like root apps uninstall or titanium backup (preferred) to uninstall the system app status bar or using any root enabled file browser delete /system/app/SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex.
6. [mod edit: Lucky patcher references removed]
7. Go to tools, select patch to android, and check the first three options. The phone will reboot.
8.Open the app, Touch the rebuild and install option.
9. Select sdcard n browse to the SystemUI.apk u extracted. 10. From the list of options select install as system application. Click yes when asked to reboot.
11. After reboot you'll see ur new status bar/ newly installed app.
NOTE: DO NOT USE THIS Method to install the framework-res.apk or to install any framework mod as it won't work.Also I personally would recommend that you keep away from flashing/replacing the framework-res.apk as it bricked my phone when I tried to.

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS.
Last edited by Atishay Jain; 15th September 2014 at 04:12 PM.
17th May 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Agra
Thanks Meter: 58

271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_bd

nice

Press thanks if I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atishay Jain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom status bars, improve looks, install system apps, status bar, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread