How to disable OTA update on LS980 with T-Mobile ROM?

OP cherishzm

1st April 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
With help of members here, I was able to successfully root, install TWRP and flash Justin's ROM to use a domestic SIM card in LS980 and it seems working perfectly! However, I got a notification on my phone that update was downloaded and ready to be installed. I remember reading somewhere that installing this update will undo the root, flash, and etc.

Can someone explain how to disable T-Mobile OTA updates on LS980 flashed with Justin's ROM?
1st April 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 549

1,016 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishzm

With help of members here, I was able to successfully root, install TWRP and flash Justin's ROM to use a domestic SIM card in LS980 and it seems working perfectly! However, I got a notification on my phone that update was downloaded and ready to be installed. I remember reading somewhere that installing this update will undo the root, flash, and etc.

Can someone explain how to disable T-Mobile OTA updates on LS980 flashed with Justin's ROM?

You should be able to long press the notifications. Google frameworks. Disable notifications. Clear cache. Reboot

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to secret.animal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.animal

You should be able to long press the notifications. Google frameworks. Disable notifications. Clear cache. Reboot

Thanks for the reply! It worked perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to cherishzm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

193 posts
Quote:

Do you know how to disable permanently this auto update even if user press to update ? What is the .apk to remove/freeze ?
17th May 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishzm

Quote:

where is that tmobile rom? is there a thread with instructions? I have never flashed a custom rom and I would like to try this , thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread