Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash on KitKat/GS5

Tip us?

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Just tried this, Puffin and other Flash Browsers for S5, and was told that due to KitKat restrictions it was no longer possible for flash to be emulated on cloud and used on KitKat.

eortizr
Old
(Last edited by eortizr; 13th May 2014 at 04:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 180
It works
Please hit 'Thanks' if I helped you.

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
It works
Cannot confirm it working on VZW GS5.
If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Just tried this, Puffin and other Flash Browsers for S5, and was told that due to KitKat restrictions it was no longer possible for flash to be emulated on cloud and used on KitKat.
of course theyll say that.. technically its not supported but theres always a way.. its working for others including myself.. i just sideload the last android flash apk n use dolphin n if for some reason it wont run i switch to desktop mode.. if its not working for you then youre doing something wrong. you cant confirm its not working on vzw s5 when clearly it is for others

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
of course theyll say that.. technically its not supported but theres always a way.. its working for others including myself.. i just sideload the last android flash apk n use dolphin n if for some reason it wont run i switch to desktop mode.. if its not working for you then youre doing something wrong. you cant confirm its not working on vzw s5 when clearly it is for others

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
I retract my previous post, after hunting down the .apk and installed it, I am now able to have Flash on Puffin(I own the full version). Thanks!

-Kevin

KarlStyles
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I retract my previous post, after hunting down the .apk and installed it, I am now able to have Flash on Puffin(I own the full version). Thanks!
Link in post #1 and the latest versino of Firefox from the Play Store works for me on my rooted DevEd VZW S5, thanks!

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlStyles View Post
Link in post #1 and the latest versino of Firefox from the Play Store works for me on my rooted DevEd VZW S5, thanks!
I was unable to get it to work in Firefox, was there something I needed to do once it was installed IN firefox to get it to work?

-Kevin

KarlStyles
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I was unable to get it to work in Firefox, was there something I needed to do once it was installed IN firefox to get it to work?
I checked request desktop site, and then in settings under display I switched plugins to enabled.

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlStyles View Post
I checked request desktop site, and then in settings under display I switched plugins to enabled.
Now see, I tried that, and it wouldn't work. I installed it right, it works fine on Puffin, but for some reason Firefox hates me.

-Kevin

haza12d
Old
(Last edited by haza12d; 17th May 2014 at 08:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Thanks!