APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flash on KitKat/GS5

OP didureboot

25th April 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #11  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 206

574 posts
More
Just tried this, Puffin and other Flash Browsers for S5, and was told that due to KitKat restrictions it was no longer possible for flash to be emulated on cloud and used on KitKat.
13th May 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #12  
Flag Dallas,Texas
Thanks Meter: 182

1,132 posts
More
It works
Last edited by eortizr; 13th May 2014 at 05:55 AM.
13th May 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #13  
Flag Lansing MI

574 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr

It works

Cannot confirm it working on VZW GS5.
14th May 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1,068

2,558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8

Just tried this, Puffin and other Flash Browsers for S5, and was told that due to KitKat restrictions it was no longer possible for flash to be emulated on cloud and used on KitKat.

of course theyll say that.. technically its not supported but theres always a way.. its working for others including myself.. i just sideload the last android flash apk n use dolphin n if for some reason it wont run i switch to desktop mode.. if its not working for you then youre doing something wrong. you cant confirm its not working on vzw s5 when clearly it is for others

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
15th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #15  
Flag Lansing MI

574 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

of course theyll say that.. technically its not supported but theres always a way.. its working for others including myself.. i just sideload the last android flash apk n use dolphin n if for some reason it wont run i switch to desktop mode.. if its not working for you then youre doing something wrong. you cant confirm its not working on vzw s5 when clearly it is for others

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

I retract my previous post, after hunting down the .apk and installed it, I am now able to have Flash on Puffin(I own the full version). Thanks!
16th May 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 6

20 posts
Quote:

I retract my previous post, after hunting down the .apk and installed it, I am now able to have Flash on Puffin(I own the full version). Thanks!

Link in post #1 and the latest versino of Firefox from the Play Store works for me on my rooted DevEd VZW S5, thanks!
16th May 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #17  
Flag Lansing MI

574 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlStyles

Link in post #1 and the latest versino of Firefox from the Play Store works for me on my rooted DevEd VZW S5, thanks!

I was unable to get it to work in Firefox, was there something I needed to do once it was installed IN firefox to get it to work?
16th May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 6

20 posts
Quote:

I was unable to get it to work in Firefox, was there something I needed to do once it was installed IN firefox to get it to work?

I checked request desktop site, and then in settings under display I switched plugins to enabled.
16th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #19  
Flag Lansing MI

574 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlStyles

I checked request desktop site, and then in settings under display I switched plugins to enabled.

Now see, I tried that, and it wouldn't work. I installed it right, it works fine on Puffin, but for some reason Firefox hates me.
17th May 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #20  
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 78

581 posts
More
Thanks!
Last edited by haza12d; 17th May 2014 at 09:35 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread