Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard issues

OP jismail

14th May 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
I have an HP BT mouse and the logitech 810 keyboard and I am finding that they are having difficulties when used with this tablet. I get random multi-repeats on the keyboard, and the mouse pointer has a large delay and is 'jumpy' making it hard to use. I did not have this issue on my transformer prime at all and I routinly used multiple BT devices at the same time. Other then using someting like external keyboard helper pro to reduce theeeeeeeee multi key issue, I have not figured out how to adjust BT to be less jumpy. I have turned off the low power settings and stamina mode.

Any thoughts? Hard to use it the way it is.......
14th May 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jismail

I have an HP BT mouse and the logitech 810 keyboard and I am finding that they are having difficulties when used with this tablet. I get random multi-repeats on the keyboard, and the mouse pointer has a large delay and is 'jumpy' making it hard to use. I did not have this issue on my transformer prime at all and I routinly used multiple BT devices at the same time. Other then using someting like external keyboard helper pro to reduce theeeeeeeee multi key issue, I have not figured out how to adjust BT to be less jumpy. I have turned off the low power settings and stamina mode.

Any thoughts? Hard to use it the way it is.......

I have the same problem with characters, but thought it was due to poor quality of my keyboard. Will test it with another device then.

It also has a built-in trackpad and it works flawless, except scroll speed is a bit high.
14th May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeinert

I have the same problem with characters, but thought it was due to poor quality of my keyboard. Will test it with another device then.

It also has a built-in trackpad and it works flawless, except scroll speed is a bit high.

Seems that if I reboot, then BT is smooth for a bit, but then gets jerky again after a little while. Also really lags when wifi is active such as when downloading. Is this a HW issue or a BT config issue. Is there any BT config utilities that may work with this tablet?
14th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

59 posts
Update....

It appears to only happen when more than one bt device is attached. the mouse works fine if keyboard is shut off......
14th May 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 20

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jismail

Update....

It appears to only happen when more than one bt device is attached. the mouse works fine if keyboard is shut off......

ok. I just tested with my computer and double character still happens, so I guess my original suspicion is correct. My keyboard is of poor quality.
16th May 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

59 posts
is it possible to adjust the BT profiles at all? My mouse will not 'long press' on the buttons, it instead only does a single click no matter how long you hold it, and the middle and left buttons do nothing. On other tablets these were configurable but there isnt any adjustments in the settings menue for BT or the Mouse and Keyboard that I have found other than layout.

Thoughts?
17th May 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

117 posts
I have a bluetooth keyboard by Anker (20 on amazon) also a Hp blutooth mouse and they borh work perfectly. Im rrally surprised they work so well actuall, I never used an bluetooth controllers wirh android before. Maybe its your kit. Setting the connect and disconnect profiles is good.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread