Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One M8 - Problem when backing up/flashing ROM? Help!

Tip us?

AndrewPR52
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] One M8 - Problem when backing up/flashing ROM? Help!

I wanted to flash a custom ROM onto my HTC One M8. I chose to back up my current ROM first. I left my phone to do its thing, and, unfortunately on my part, I wasn't watching the phone. I came back to see my screen off. If I press the power button, the device gives a bit of haptic feedback, almost as if I am selecting something. The volume up/down don't do anything.

How can I get my screen back on? Is there any way to do a reset of the phone or something? Please help!

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewPR52 View Post
I wanted to flash a custom ROM onto my HTC One M8. I chose to back up my current ROM first. I left my phone to do its thing, and, unfortunately on my part, I wasn't watching the phone. I came back to see my screen off. If I press the power button, the device gives a bit of haptic feedback, almost as if I am selecting something. The volume up/down don't do anything.

How can I get my screen back on? Is there any way to do a reset of the phone or something? Please help!
just hold power vol up until it turns on can take a min or two

AndrewPR52
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
just hold power vol up until it turns on can take a min or two
I was trying that before but didn't know that it could take a while. Thank you so much!