Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Softbricked my S4 and stuck

Tip us?

yamaharider
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Softbricked my S4 and stuck

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong area to post, I am stressing on my phone not working.

I need some help. My Verizon S4 did the over the air update and was working fine for a week or so. I had the unlocked bootloader previously and it removed that and I was completely stock. Now my phone says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" I tried Kies and it doesn't see my phone. Odin fails a few seconds in. I think it's because I have 4.4. Can someone please help me and lead me in the right direction. Thank you so much in advance!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,444

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharider View Post
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong area to post, I am stressing on my phone not working.

I need some help. My Verizon S4 did the over the air update and was working fine for a week or so. I had the unlocked bootloader previously and it removed that and I was completely stock. Now my phone says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" I tried Kies and it doesn't see my phone. Odin fails a few seconds in. I think it's because I have 4.4. Can someone please help me and lead me in the right direction. Thank you so much in advance!
Any particular reason you didn't want the bootloader exploit MDK brought you?

Here's the NC5 Odin tars. Most likely you need the full wipe.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yamaharider
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Any particular reason you didn't want the bootloader exploit MDK brought you?

Here's the NC5 Odin tars. Most likely you need the full wipe.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I actually don't know what the bootloader exploit MDK is. I used to root my phones a lot and put custom ROMS on them as well. I just haven't done much on my S4, being the second day I had the phone I messed it up.

The instructions for the full wipe that are provided was exactly what I did. During Odin when it is running though the process it after 10 seconds or so it comes back and says fail. I don't know what else to try, should I be able to do a full wipe and go to a previous version like Jelly Bean if I had over the air Kitkat on my phone when it failed?

ppat324wi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Could you send what failed? What did it say in Odon?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if I helped you!

-----------Devices---------
Verizon Galaxy S4 Kitkat (4.4.4) (AOSP GPE ROM)
Droid Bionic XT875 Rooted with Safestrap on Jelly Bean (Retired)

yamaharider
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppat324wi View Post
Could you send what failed? What did it say in Odon?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Here is what it says when I run Odin.

<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

lanegriffi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have this SAME EXACT issue right now, feels good to know i'm not the only one.

Can't even download those tars and **** because whoever uploaded them has a horrible host, and the download fails after like two minutes.

In a huge rush to get my phone working because I need to for a trip tomorrow.... I hope someone helps us!

Ryukouki
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Looks like a similar case that happened to me. It could be a number of things.

1. Your ODIN may just have had an unlucky attempt. Retry it just to be sure.

If that fails...

2. Sounds like your phone might also be on the updated bootloader now, so you're going to have to find a stock image online somewhere (I don't have an exact link, I'm mobile ) that is using the new bootloader, and ODIN that. It's around 1.6-1.8GB download. ODIN to stock is probably the best way to fix any and all problems.

When I was on the unlocked bootloader, I had a recovery issue that for whatever reason updated and then stopped detecting, giving the error of unauthorized software, see Verizon. I didn't know how exactly to fix that, so what I ended up doing was picking up a mislabeled stock image that was MDK, but in reality was MJ7, and ODIN'd that, losing my unlocked bootloader.

Your situation is definitely fixable. You just need a stock image.

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegriffi View Post
I have this SAME EXACT issue right now, feels good to know i'm not the only one.

Can't even download those tars and **** because whoever uploaded them has a horrible host, and the download fails after like two minutes.

In a huge rush to get my phone working because I need to for a trip tomorrow.... I hope someone helps us!
I can upload the wipe/and no-wipe NC% tars to a different host for you. Is mega ok for you, or maybe you want google drive.

PM me