Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Extremely Annoying pop up ads on XDA forum using Chrome browser

OP Hnk1

15th May 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #1  
Hnk1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 650
 
621 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Hello
I have recently starting to get a lot of pop up screens while browsing XDA forum in chrome saying I got 13 virus. (track.dovelane)
It is not happening on Dolphin and other browsers !
I like chrome and all my book marks are on it, so I don't want to change my browser.

I tried ads away and mother of all as blockers (flashable zip from XDA ) with no effects!
Even installing avg pro hasn't stopped those pop ups!

Any advice ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-15-23-52-36.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2745708  
Last edited by Hnk1; 15th May 2014 at 08:55 PM.
16th May 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #2  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424
 
1,742 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Hello
I have recently starting to get a lot of pop up screens while browsing XDA forum in chrome saying I got 13 virus. (track.dovelane)
It is not happening on Dolphin and other browsers !
I like chrome and all my book marks are on it, so I don't want to change my browser.

I tried ads away and mother of all as blockers (flashable zip from XDA ) with no effects!
Even installing avg pro hasn't stopped those pop ups!

Any advice ?

I use AdAway and neve have any adds or pop-ups. You may want to try Malwarebites and see if you have a suspicious app on your tablet. Otherwise try the XDA app. If Chrome Browser is the only one it happens on then don't use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #3  
Hnk1's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 650
 
621 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

I use AdAway and neve have any adds or pop-ups. You may want to try Malwarebites and see if you have a suspicious app on your tablet. Otherwise try the XDA app. If Chrome Browser is the only one it happens on then don't use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cheers mate.I tried malwarebytes and there isn't any such application. Moreover,this is only happening in chrome even when I have blocked pop ups!

I think the latest update to chrome might be the reason! I will try to downgrade it and report back !

Update :

DOWNGRADING SOLVES THE ISSUE
Last edited by Hnk1; 17th May 2014 at 02:00 PM.
17th May 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
It's not just xda. I'm seeing this on GameFAQs too.
17th May 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Happened to me for the first time today, on Gamefaqs as well.
17th May 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #6  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424
 
1,742 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Cheers mate.I tried malwarebytes and there isn't any such application. Moreover,this is only happening in chrome even when I have blocked pop ups!

I think the latest update to chrome might be the reason! I will try to downgrade it and report back !

Update :

DOWNGRADING SOLVES THE ISSUE

I myself don't use Chrome. The stock browser is fast and I have Firefox for full flash capabilities using a non Hacked flash APK. Good to see you got it stopped for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes