Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Good Bluetooth Laser Keyboard

Tip us?

No_Nickname90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default [Q] Good Bluetooth Laser Keyboard

Okay, so my school just auctioned off a Bluetooth Laser Keboard and the cash went to charity. I didn't get the keyboard, because my IT supervisor told me they're not all that good and I should just get a regular keyboard.

I was wondering if there were any good quality laser keyboards? Something $150 or less. A used one is fine. Also, what about things not working? I haven't really seen anything about them and wanted to know if people knew more about them or had good experiences.

I've seen things in different threads, but they're all dated 2010-2012. I'd prefer something more up-to-date. LoL!!

Thanks for any help. I like the thought of having one, that's why I want to waste my money on something like that.
Off Road Police!! Where you goin' mofo!?

For the unliving!!

quinxy
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I owned two, 3-4 years ago, the Celluon version one by its main competitor (since gone out of business, or bought by Celluon, or something). Neither worked well. I recently bought the Celluon evoMouse (it was on massive closeout discount somewhere) and found it to be just as unsatisfying. It just seems like one of those technologies that is an absolutely amazing idea but which requires a real finesse to make it actually preferable over a conventional keyboard/mouse, and they just haven't gotten it quite right yet. It's just inaccurate enough, just flaky enough, just whatever enough to make me give up on them and go back to a regular keyboard.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Nickname90 View Post
Okay, so my school just auctioned off a Bluetooth Laser Keboard and the cash went to charity. I didn't get the keyboard, because my IT supervisor told me they're not all that good and I should just get a regular keyboard.

I was wondering if there were any good quality laser keyboards? Something $150 or less. A used one is fine. Also, what about things not working? I haven't really seen anything about them and wanted to know if people knew more about them or had good experiences.

I've seen things in different threads, but they're all dated 2010-2012. I'd prefer something more up-to-date. LoL!!

Thanks for any help. I like the thought of having one, that's why I want to waste my money on something like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to quinxy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

No_Nickname90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I won't waste my money then. LoL!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Off Road Police!! Where you goin' mofo!?

For the unliving!!